Hologram Electronics

Does anyone have experience of these pedals? Looks great but a stiff price

1 Like

I have a lot of experience with both Infinite Jets and Microcosm. Ask away!

2 Likes

Just got my microcosm a few days ago. Its super rad! I feel like its a “sound gooderizer box”. Not every preset works for every situation, but when you find the right setting it is glorious!

5 Likes

Recently got an infinite jets. Really enjoyable piece of gear, only thing I am mossing is to be able to use an external modulation source.

Can’t you use an external mod source feeding the EXP in on the Infinite Jets?

1 Like

Does the EXP input support CV signals? If so, awesome!

1 Like

You’d probably need to attenuate down to either 3 or 5v and use a floating ring cable. I don’t have any Hologram pedals, but my other pedals (Strymon & EQD) support cv this way. ALM SBG converts to that range specifically for EXP inputs.

3 Likes

Yup, you might need to tweak the voltage like @Gexex mentioned , but I do not see why it would not work.

1 Like

I’ve had a Microcosm for a few months. Really love it. Never generally know what to do with looper or granular pedals but this one make everything sound pretty musical to me.

Have found that I needed to make a lot of tweaks in the sub menus to make things sound good, but once I futzed around with them I’ve been able to just enjoy playing with it.

This is what turns me off, is there a lot of menu diving and button combos?

Are they very different? If I was to choose one which would you go for? iprefer one knob per function

1 Like

Not really bad at all — just one layer of alt functions for the knobs that are labeled right on the front panel (that are things you’d need to set and forget for any particular setup — like effect volume), and 1 layer of unlabeled global parameters that require a key combo to access but you probably almost never need to access.

2 Likes

The microcosm is a lovely (tweakable) preset box with 44 lovingly curated presets that are almost all sweet spots.

I need to spend more time with the settings because I’d like to find the subtler side of microcosm. Out of the box the presets are very un-subtle. But also really beautiful and a ton of fun to play!

Can anybody help me love the Glide mode? That one just escapes me, I can’t really find a use for it.

2 Likes

I like Glide with the mix set fairly low and the clock set fairly slow. That being said, it’s not ever going to land on the “subtle” side of the tracks. But having a slow octave sweep every 8 bars or so can be kind of fun.

1 Like

They are different, but in many ways Microcosm is the perfection of the ideas set forth on IJ. I have both, and will keep both. There’s some really great LFO/automation on the Jets that is missing on the Microcosm. Glitch B is worth the cost of admission alone, in my opinion.

1 Like

Just as little video I liked on topic.

9 Likes

I just remembered that I made a video a little while back with both pedals, in case it’s at all helpful:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC9QNI9BBbZ/?igshid=itaeyr1zrrcw

5 Likes

I got a Microcosm about a week ago and I have been using it with guitar and my Digitone, definitely still in the honeymoon phase but I love it and don’t see that changing!

From what i’ve read before I bought it is that the latest firmware update really took it to the next level and fixed alot of the problems people had when it first came out. I was thinking the Microcosm would replace my CBA Mood as my glitch/granular pedal but found they work really well together.

Overall I would really recommend the Microcosm!

1 Like

Sunday Synth Doodle with a heavy dose of ARP mode guitar:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHV3sAEBhS8/?igshid=1v7sgjethgkng

1 Like

Aside from them working together how do they compare? I currently use mood in conjunction with my octatrack and norns, and while cool I find it a bit samey in what it can do with samples.