Implementing a minimal asynchronous multitrack looper in hardware

Interesting as to how this could be modified with C&G’s ONDA - from the demo video It looks like the keyboard can act as a one row grids… off the top of my head the first four black keys could select one of the four loops, then the white keys can show/edit the length… I have no idea about programming though!

i thought there was already one called axiome that does this

http://gwen.coffy.name/Puredata/Axiome/

i adapted this to sample live from input somewhere
I’d gladly wrote the pd part if someone wants to give me some assistance with the monome/osc stuff

pp

1 Like

just finished up encapsulating and writing some documentation for the first of a few monome extensions i plan on releasing. this first round will allow a row of the grid to display playhead position and record status for a given loop, dynamically control subloop startpoint, subloop endpoint, and playback direction (using two-finger gestures), and jump to a position in the subloop (using single button presses).

you can download v2.0 here:
http://josephbranciforte.com/pd.html

note that there were some modifications to the [jblr.record] and [jblr.play] objects to allow the monome extenstions to work as seamlessly as possible. the basic functionality for those is exactly the same, so i’d recommend just replacing the original v1.0 abstractions with these new ones whether or not you plan on using with monome.

11 Likes

revisiting this thread and have to congratulate you for sticking with the idea

your two demos sound phenomenal!

4 Likes

thanks!

i feel like most of what i originally set out to accomplish is perfect for the organelle platform. can’t thank those here who suggested it enough!

v3.0 of the pd objects, with monome state saving/recall and pattern recording, should be done soon too.

1 Like

is the complete pd app for monome gonna be released someday?

i mean, it more or less is already… minus the state-saving and pattern recording!

both here and over at the critter and guitari forum, i’ve gotten a lot of requests adapting the patch to all kinds of different purposes: with monome/without monome, with organelle/without organelle, with ableton push, or with x/y/z midi controller. the cleanest solution was just to release all the core functionality as standalone abstractions, allowing everyone to put them together as they wish.

that said, all that you’d need to do to get v2.0 working for momome/pd would be to program some button presses to handle record/stop/resume functions, and design your grid interface using the [jblr.monome.row] objects. assuming some familiarity with pd, could probably be done in 10-15 minutes with the above download.

3 Likes

cool

that’s what i thought
thanks again

recently added some basic mixer functionality (individual loop level & pan position) and loop launch/stop controls with a korg nanokontrol. starting to feel more like an instrument now…

26 Likes

beautiful video!! Your bumping the thread is gonna make me redownload Pd, so cheers for that.

3 Likes

I’d love to try this out on my organelle, if possible.

1 Like

@loma have a look at the pd abstractions i put together… pretty much all of it is in there.

http://www.josephbranciforte.com/pd.html

6 Likes

Rad. Thanks! <>20<><>

I had a look at the abstractions. They seem… abstract. :wink:

How would someone with no PD experience go about making this work? I completely understand that the demands of individual users (and setups) isn’t something you should be expected to support, but would it be possible to share your working setup for those of us with an Organelle and a Grid?

1 Like

Looperlative LP-1 was 8 tracks. Think he just re-released it again.

If you still have it, I’d love to play around with the initial Max prototype you built.

1 Like

@josephbranciforte - great work on this! I seem have it working on the latest version of vanilla with just the cyclone extension package (via Deken) and a rewrite of some other pieces.

1 Like

It’s been a beginner for a few days after I started
If you know this, please let me know.

I want to move OrganelleM and Grid as shown in the link.
but I don’t know how to make Organelle recognize the pd patch.

In order to make OrganelleM recognize, the file main.pd is necessary, but there is no such file name in this pd file, and nothing happened even if it entered OrganelleM.

http://josephbranciforte.com/pd.html

Please tell me how it works like a video.

Thank you.