[Indianapolis, Thursday, 6/20] embral w/ romjay and Violet Housekid

Thursday, 7 PM @ Playground Productions Studio in Irvington, Indianapolis

‘Deep State’ is the fourth full-length studio release from embral, the critically acclaimed duo of Charles Shriner (dRachEmUsiK / Indianapolis, IN) and Adam Holquist (onewayness / Erie, PA). Built from building blocks developed over 10 days of live improvisations, ‘Deep State’ is a socio-political statement about the nature of truth, perception and interpretation, in the form of two widely traveling longform pieces.

Violet Housekid is the solo project of Indianapolis-based Violet Salas. Her abstract dub, propelled by sparse drums, sits at the sonic intersection of House and Avant Garde. Sticky beats and creamy FM polyphony dissolve into the subaquatic spaces which Violet Housekid creates on the modular synthesizer, backed by skillfully chopped samples and a patch cable melange of mutating modulations.

romjay (that’s me) is the voltage-controlled exploration of samples, synthesis, and composition by Indianapolis resident Philip Ramge since 2017. Specializing in uncompromised, raw soundscapes built from an unending array of synthesis models, romjay’s palette is understated and unfiltered. A synthesist’s synthesist, romjay is always engaging new forms of composition and arrangement.

2 Likes

embral’s new album is incredible and I can’t express how psyched I am to open for them. Hoping to see some EWI action!

I will be performing a beat-heavy modular set (filthed up by my new Casper Electronics Dark Matter) with Lyra-8 accompaniment.

1 Like

Hey Phil! Thanks for sharing this here. Great meeting you, and great set.

Lol, I almost asked you at some point last night if you knew about lines, but then I got distracted…

1 Like

Aw man, seeing this makes me miss Indianapolis! Hope you all had a great show–Irvington is such a cool little spot.

2 Likes