Intellijel uscale II weirdness

Anyone else have any weird experiences with the intellijel uscale II? I just bought a used one pretty cheap and it can do the basic work of punching in or selecting scales, so I’m not too broken up about it, but I wouldn’t say it’s 100% functional. What concerns me most is that some of the menus (like if you hold down “Menu”) don’t appear to show any LEDs, they just go blank. Other menus, like selecting a scale, do. Anyone run into this? Or am I totally misunderstanding the menu system? I still have a couple days to return this puppy on reverb but as it was a pretty discounted used one I may as well just take what I can get.

Doesn’t sound right to me. Although I don’t use all the menus regularly, I certainly have never experienced what you are describing. I use it just for manually entering scales/chords and setting the shift behaviour and out B interval. If those things work you still have a pretty powerful tool.

entering menu mode, you should see what the current settings are… I would return it, as not knowing shift target might cause a lot of head scratching. if possible you could reflash the firmware? as the LEDS still work obviously.

If you hold down menu and then don’t see anything, that’s definitely unusual.