iOS ports of Mutable Instruments modules

Hi,

Spectrum is now live!

Spectrum is free AudioUnit ports of Plaits, Elements, Rings, and Clouds.

If you’re searching on the App Store, easiest way to find it is to search for “Thomas Burns” or my other app “Synth Modes”, and then tap on my developer name to see all apps, and then you will see Spectrum. Seems it’s not in the App Store search engine yet.

Cheers,
Tom

76 Likes

Absolutely fantastic - thank you!

1 Like

So excellent! Thank you greatly.

This is exciting! Thanks!

1 Like

MPE would be an awesome feature… Just putting it out there :slight_smile: Either way, this is pretty exciting!

4 Likes

Spectrum is now live!! See the original post for the App Store link

10 Likes

SUPER EXCITED! Downloaded!

EDIT: I don’t know what I’m doing yet (but I absolutely will go through all the documentation so that I understand) but the sounds I’ve been able to make already are incredible. Such a fantastic app.

1 Like

Fantastic. Thank yoooouuuu.

Is there a way to assign MIDI cc to parameters?

There is a hardcoded MIDI CC mapping I need to add to the manual. Otherwise some AU hosts have MIDI learn that maps to the AU parameters.

3 Likes

20 characters of great and thanks.

1 Like

@burns_audio these are really nice. I’m having a ton of fun playing around with them (and they match really nicely with Rozeta plugins)!

7 Likes

@brambos thank you so much! Your apps are a huge inspiration :slight_smile:

3 Likes

MIDI CCs are in the manual now

Cheers,
Tom

2 Likes

These are so great. Such interesting sounds and the fact that it’s universal is huge. Plaits sound design on my train commute is going to be great!

1 Like

Great resposnse! Thanks again. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

This is fantastic! One issue I am facing though… I can get it to work on my iphone SE but none of these are showing up anywhere on my ipad pro. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Sometimes you need to restart the device after installing an AUv3. I had that happen with Mozaic on my iPad, but not my iPhone.

Been a long time since I hit a download button that quickly.

2 Likes

There’s an issue in the current release, the audio units require iOS 12.2.

I’ve got a fix for that and some other issues, but it’s waiting App Store review so it may be another 24 hours. So you can either hold tight, or upgrade to 12.2

Cheers
Tom

2 Likes