Jala - random sequencer for ambient soundscapes

So, good news, I can just connect the Microfreak with the standard USB Cable to the norns shield, and can use it as input and output :+1:

1 Like

This IS good news cause I was tearing apart the studio trying to find my 3.5mm MIDI cables!!! Can’t wait to try it with the MF!

2 Likes

This is script is amazing! I’m trying to control some patches on the Organelle M (via USB) but seems doesn’t work. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

If you scroll through the options, do you see the organelle in the midi devices? If so, select it as midiout and set the output option to midi. Hope this helps! If not,get in touch on insta

Thank you so much! I’m writing on IG!

So it seems the Organelle and the Norns do not talk MIDI to each other without a cable.

Just pushed Version 0.0.4

New Features:

• Edit single notes in your scale
2 Likes

Thank you for this! Looking forward to it. I ran into a bug last night where the sequence would freeze after entering my own custom scale. Seemed like a hung MIDI note but when I press K3 it would advance one step.

1 Like

Thank you. Enjoying this. Could you add the ability to change midi channels. Tried to change the default in your code myself, but failed. :grinning:

1 Like

Will try to reproduce this

Of course, this will be in the next Version :+1:

1 Like

Yep! I orderd this MIDI USB-USB
Thanks!

1 Like

@ulfster
very cool script!

could you add the ability to choose scales under parameters?

i was trying to use it last night without a controller attached. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This should Work in the current version already :smiley: use E1 to change the root, and K1+E1 to change the scale :+1:

2 Likes

Try to install the newest version (0.0.5) Midi channel shows up in the params menu

I found a possiblity where this might happen and pushed a fix. Would appreciate it if you gave it another go and try to trigger the error again?

I’ll give it go later today. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you so much. Works grand. Not on maiden yet but got from github. If you are ever in LA I will buy you a beer. :grinning:

1 Like

Oh thank you! I really appreciate that! I give you a heads up if a visit to LA is ever in the cards :slight_smile:

Sorry but new issue. There may be something askew with your midi note off. I have a Disting Ex and was having issues with some scripts where midi notes were going in but no sound coming out. I had this issue with Jala and Flora, but not with Awake. Someone pointed this out on the Flora thread as a midi note off issue and it has been fixed and Flora now works great with my Ex but on Jala I get maybe two notes and these it stick – seems like the same midi note off issue.

1 Like