Jogging House - holds

Hey! I’m very happy to share ‘holds’ with you. An album inspired by photography. Searching for beauty and hope in the mundane - and trying to hold precious moments forever.

Available in a limited cassette edition with fold-out inlay, showing pictures I took on walks during the making of the album. Downloads are free (name your price) for the first two weeks.

Gear wise, it was made with the rather minimal setup of Plumbutter, Cocoquantus and Digitone. Effects are OTO Bim and Bam. I recorded the tracks in single takes to 1/4" tape.

I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!

46 Likes

loving the photos on the cover&booklet, and the design in general! can’t wait to listen to those songs!

2 Likes

Thank you! I hope you’ll like tracks as well.

your track “pines” on youtube is a current favorite of mine. looking forward to listening to this album :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This album is so lovely; bringing me equal doses of calm and exploration!

1 Like

That makes me very happy. It’s pretty much the place I aim for my music to live in.

enjoyed some samples of this during my morning routine. stunning as always.

1 Like

Lovely and delicate as always. Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Thank you so much, I appreciate the kind words.

Beautiful album. The textures are stunning!

1 Like

Agreed. I love those washes of noise and the pacing… On repeat at the moment. Just got confirmation on shipping too. Super efficient @boboter … Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you! That good kind of noise comes somewhat natural to these CL instruments :slight_smile:

And yeah, a few naps aside, I basically spent the last 24h packing and shipping things.

Bought it a few days ago. Wearing it out. Really good.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

$19 for a normal bias / type i (?) tape… ouch. apologies, i don’t mean to be a prick. the packaging looks superb. just wondering about the audio quality of the physical copy

1 Like

Hmm. It is 9 Eur here which is roughly 11 usd.

1 Like

I don‘t understang this comment at all. The price for the tape is 9€. Shipping to the US is 7€ insured and with tracking. That is about half of what it would be the other way around. I don‘t see this tape in any way more expensive than what other cassettes cost.

2 Likes

Regarding the sound quality, maybe someone who owns the tape and is less biased (pun intended) than myself can comment, too. But I think the cassettes sound pretty ace.

Life is an open market where we trade money for goods that bring us joy and inspiration. If most people choose to buy the things they want , willingly and don’t buy the rest, it seems misguided to not pursue self agency than public scolding and bitterness instead……

1 Like

20 chars of - Nice work, @boboter

1 Like