Just Friends has freshened up and is ready to take on this dark & troubled world.
This update fixes a number of long standing, yet subtle, bugs in Just Friends. Sustain mode is now much smoother than previously, seamlessly changing direction with all CURVE settings, reducing clicks that would have previously occurred. RUN behaviour has been fixed for SHIFT above 5V, forcing a full cycle to complete before being retriggered. STRATA now responds in a more analog way when attack time is at a minimum, for snappier ARSR envelopes that maintain a full-strength transient.
In parallel to development of crow v2.0, a number of extensions and fixes have been made to Just Type (Just Friends’
- Geode has many bugs fixed, and includes a rich set of new RUN behaviour for fluid rhythms
- Synthesis has an overhauled polyphonic allocator for smarter voice spreading & stealing
- Hardware states and runtime values can now be queried
- Two Just Friends’ can now coexist on a single
- A stack of bug fixes & stability improvements for maximal note sequences
Just Type documentation has been overhauled & is now hosted on Github for far greater readability. Releases are now there too, where you’ll find the full changelog and Firmware Update instructions.
I’ve got some short videos demonstrating the new Geode functionality in the works, that I’m just so excited to share. It’s really a lot of fun.
New modules are in the works, but still a while off from being available again. Hold tight!