Knobcon 2022 (Chicago, September 9-11)

Hi, all -

I’ll be heading to Knobcon 2022 tomorrow, and would love to meet any fellow Lines folks!

Dan Blades and I will be representing North Coast Modular Collective at the event; while we don’t have a table this year, we’d love to meet you and talk about what we’re up to, especially if you also work in building electronic music communities! I’ll even have some nice 2HP blanks to give away.

6 Likes

Rad, hope to see you there. I’ll be chilling in the lobby Saturday night, probably trying to summon up some Teletypian jungle breaks on that bitbox you sold me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ll be bringing a little music setup as well, maybe we can hook up and make some sound together!

1 Like

Would love to meet with you and Dan–also arriving tomorrow. I organize the DC Modular Collective and have worked at arts community building for a long time. My insta is resonant_space and I can give you my cell # as well.

2 Likes

Earlier in the year I decided not to go this time, but I’m regretting that now. The presentations on the Ondes Martenot and FM synthesis, and a few performers I’d want to catch, and of course the usual checking out all the gear… sigh.

Next year for sure.

2 Likes

That would be great! Drop me a DM (here or Instagram, where I’m @billvanloo) and we can share contact info & coordinate a meetup.

1 Like

Any idea if you can just show up and pay? I live nearby but have no idea of my mood this weekend. Kinda been in a productive space and dont want to interrupt that with GAS :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can absolutely pay at the door. GAS is a minor component of the show compared to community.

2 Likes

For sure! Saw lots of old friends when I went last year - but also ended up buying a large and amazing WMD Metron + WMD drum rig which I don’t regret, but…well let’s just say I’m well set on gear. Unless….

1 Like

I’ll be knocking around Saturday afternoon. No clue what to check out this year honestly, just felt like getting out of the house and looking at some knobs. Keep an eye out for a synth dad in a Juno-60 t-shirt trying not to spend any money.

3 Likes

I just looked at the program. If anyone attends the studio organization talk I’d love to hear some good tips.

I’ll definitely be attending that one and will try to report back!

2 Likes

The Chill Out room is rocking quadraphonic sound and an oil projector!

2 Likes

Wish I could make it .