(Kria) Feature(?) trigger-step params

I had an idea for an alternate mode for tracks in Kria. In this mode, all other parameters besides the trigger parameter only get clocked on steps when a trigger fires. The setting is per track and the division for a parameter just becomes how many triggers it stays on the same step for.

I don’t know if this video clearly demonstrates it very well :thinking:

I’m curious if this is a feature anyone else is interested in.

7 Likes

That looks interesting but the one I really want is a global octave shift per channel so I can ditch the beasts chalkboard

3 Likes

ansible.zip (86.7 KB)
Here’s a .hex file if anyone wants to give it a try. I added the toggles right under the manual clocking toggles on the scale screen.

2 Likes

No idea how to find the time for all these goodies lately… thanks a lot for sharing!

1 Like

As someone whose been thinking about getting Ansible primarily for Kria, this just added a whole lot of interest for me :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow, this looks amazing! I’ll try it out tonight if I get the chance. I think it would be a little more clear if the video showed just one voice. That being said, I love the patch going on here!

1 Like

Awesome idea! Look forward to trying

1 Like

Is the code for this on a public github repo?

here’s a commit with the changes

https://github.com/AaronMeyers/ansible/commit/00d534dcc0a090ea6f9127d92e24e6105fbb7a5a

1 Like

This looks pretty cool. @freqout. At the moment I’m still pretty new to kria, and trying to get my head fully around how to get the current stable 1.6 to do what I want it to do, but definitely plan on trying this. Is this something that could possibly go into the next stable firmware release with an option to turn it on/off?

Yep that’s what I’m hoping. The option to turn it on/off is already in there and per-track for a whole preset. My thinking is that you would probably want to keep a voice in this mode across multiple patterns in the same preset.

I’m going to also re-jigger the placement of the toggles in the upper-left of the scale screen. At some point it was mentioned that it would make more sense to have the toggles mapped to the tracks vertically to correspond with the way they appear in the Trigger screen.

3 Likes

This is cool: I’m not sure if it’s more or less ‘logical’ than the current functionality, but good to have the option.