Kria MIDI

norns

Kria MIDI

port of Kria from Ansible to Norns

This is a very straight port of Kria from Ansible to Norns. It’s basically a direct translation of the original source into Lua. It would really benefit from some UI work - I’m thinking of adding a screen to support editing scales next (so you can see what notes you hare!). Contained within this is the Kria code as a library that can be included in other projects

Requirements

grid, midi

Documentation

[include instructions inline, or provide link to external documentation, or attach a PDF/etc.]

Download

https://github.com/junklight/misc/blob/master/releases/kria.zip

25 Likes

Thanks so much for updating this. Love having Kria available outside of my case

1 Like

I know little of Kria, but that video is amazing.

0 Likes

Amazing!
Would it be possible to add a few more tracks?

0 Likes

Loving it! Opening up new ways to use this old synth that I’ve had for a good 8 years.

A few little things that I noticed:

When I turn a note off I can’t turn it on again unless I turn on another note in the same step first.

I’m not too sure if the scales are following the same system as on ansible kria. On ansible the left column is the same note as the row below, the next one to the right is a semitone above that, and so on. On this version it seems that the left column is a semi tone higher, then the next one to the right a whole tone, etc. Not sure how much it matters but I guess it might to some.

There seems to be no ratcheting (a feature I use a lot!).

It would be amazing to have one of the encoders controlling the tempo!

Your idea to have the screen show what note is playing and to show the scales is brilliant too!

I think porting kria into norns is fantastic, as it’s such a great composition tool and I’m sure many of us are very familiar with it as an interface now too. Love your work. Wish that I was more savvy so I’d be able to help with bugs!

I’ll let you know what else I notice in using it that might not be quite right. Looking forward to trying this on my M4000D Mellotron!

2 Likes

Thank you for bug reports. I’ll have a stint fixing them early next week. Glad you are finding it useful

I’ll add in ratcheting too!

3 Likes

Thanks for porting this over junklight! I’ve been intrigued by Kria for awhile but alas no Ansible, so I’m excited to play around with this. Gonna give it a whirl later tonight.

0 Likes