Kria MIDI

After playing around with this for a few hours, I am thinking that the scale function is not working at all (for me anyway). Regardless of what notes I press into the rows on the scales page, the notes do not change at all, nor when I select different preset scales. Anyone else notice this? Thanks for your consideration @junklight

Soooo Kria with samples? A possibility?

Shipped off the non music project. Got an iOS app to ship & then will do a few days on Norns including this & islands (Earthsea and Kria with multitimbral Version of FM7 engine) before I look for more paid work

Will fix scales including a UI so you can see what notes you have. Too much counting on my fingers trying to work out what scale i’ve got set. Ratcheting too :slight_smile:

There is no reason it won’t drive the Timber engine too. I shall see what I can do.

16 Likes

Love the thought of Kria + Timber! Loading lots of samples and using “scales” to determine what samples to play would be all sorts of fun

9 Likes

Bumping this since it helped me and I was stumped!

I Would like to know this too. I’ve beeb reading up on Kria and would LOVE for this to be working on norns.

Scales don’t seam to be working and have no effect on midi notes. otherwise these seams pretty close. Are they broken or is something wrong with my install?

Nah, the scales function doesn’t currently work. I’ve tried, with my very basic programming knowledge to try and fix it, but that was unsuccessful.

The original author of this script suggests that he will be potentially revisiting this in the future. Until then, you’ll have to Issa some more roundabout methods to generate your own scales outside of the Norns.

sorry this hasn’t had any attention of late - earning a living taking priority still :slight_smile: I will be returning to it some time in the coming months but not quite sure when right now (there is light on the horizon for a stable income & more predictable time planning :slight_smile: )

7 Likes

can anyone confirm that kria midi is still working on their norns on the latest update?

I haven’t been able to get it to work even after renaming the script folder, which was mentioned up thread.

1 Like

Not working on mine.

1 Like

Ugh sorry. I’ll try and get a fix up in the next few days…

1 Like

is everyone getting this error?

SCRIPT ERROR: load fail

/home/we/dust/code/kria_midi/Kria_MIDI.lua:14: module ‘Kria/lib/kria’ not found:
no field package.preload[‘Kria/lib/kria’]
no file ‘/home/we/norns/lua/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/home/we/norns/lua/core/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/home/we/norns/lua/core/params/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/home/we/norns/lua/lib/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/home/we/norns/lua/softcut/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/home/we/dust/code/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/share/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/share/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria/init.lua’
no file ‘./Kria/lib/kria.lua’
no file ‘./Kria/lib/kria/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/5.3/Kria/lib/kria.so’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.3/loadall.so’
no file ‘./Kria/lib/kria.so’
stack traceback:
/home/we/norns/lua/core/norns.lua:126: in function </home/we/norns/lua/core/norns.lua:126>
[C]: in function ‘require’
/home/we/dust/code/kria_midi/Kria_MIDI.lua:14: in main chunk
[C]: in function ‘dofile’
/home/we/norns/lua/core/script.lua:149: in function </home/we/norns/lua/core/script.lua:149>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
/home/we/norns/lua/core/norns.lua:127: in field ‘try’
/home/we/norns/lua/core/script.lua:149: in function ‘core/script.load’
/home/we/norns/lua/core/menu/preview.lua:21: in function ‘core/menu/preview.key’
/home/we/norns/lua/core/menu.lua:139: in function </home/we/norns/lua/core/menu.lua:116>

here’s the smoking gun – the folder on your norns is named kria_midi, but the script explicitly is searching for a folder named Kria:

line 14: local kria = require 'Kria/lib/kria'

did you download this from maiden’s package manager? or did you upload it manually?

edit: oh, i guess this is still problematic for folks after they change the folder name? @junklight, any progress?

Hi Dan, i used maiden’s package manager…

cool, thanks!

can you test this out by replacing yr current kria_midi folder with this one (use sftp)? might need a restart too. i fixed up the refs as well as the get_time() call which was blocking the playhead from progressing on the main page. working here, but would like verification:

kria_midi.zip (13.6 KB)

@junklight, i couldn’t branch your repo – can you please test + fold in these changes if they work?

3 Likes

If things are actually going to be broken open on Kira, are there any chances e we could see a fix for the scales function and maybe Crow support with JF and CV? I understand that @dan_derks has lots on his plates with scripts he’s made himself, but if anybody has the chops, it would be an amazing edition to the crow family.

3 Likes

I can confirm all is working well doing a quick test with my op-z

1 Like

did you fix it? you star! - sorry I’ve been so unresponsive - life is complicated right now. I’ll get it in and also see what’s wrong with the permissions on the repo