krill 1.0.2

Great - thank you! I’ll give it a try ASAP.

1 Like

*Thanks so much for this

after a go tonight Ive just one question i might have missed the answer to somewhere along the way

when you set the IN and OUT in the mod matrix I see also an “in val: / out val:” beneath but theyre not ever updated with readings.
Is this a bug or did I miss something?

thanks again

2 Likes

i think i found another thing to break…
:stuck_out_tongue:
i wanted to move the Lorenz all over the grid…

setting the Lorenz X to the Y offset and the Lorenz Y to the X offset makes the shape disappear again and the In/Out values in the matrix become very intermittent.

i’m also trying to control a Wingie 2 with the MIDI out of those movements and i can’t seem to get it to swing through all of the 0-127 MIDI values.
(as usual…might be user error)
heh!

1 Like

try pressing k3 to enable the patchpoint (k2 will disable it)

also there are more screens you can access with e1 that have controls for the patchpoint including ones for enabling / disabling.

About to dig in, but if this is meant to use Grid, I can confirm that it doesn’t seem to be working with my monobright 64 grid.

Not even sure if that’s possible, or useful information :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to try this one! Thank you!

1 Like

it does not support grid

1 Like

@SPIKE’s reference above to a grid was about the grid that appears over the Lorenz shape on the screen, not a physical monome grid. i did consider adding controls for the kind of grids that have lots of buttons for a short time but decided i need to learn how to play them better myself before doing more grid coding.

@SPIKE, if i understand you correctly, i was able to prevent the issue with In/Out values disappearing with these settings:

patchpoint (pp) a-1
in: lorenz x
out: y offset
lvl: 0.3
lvlr: 0

patchpoint (pp) b-2
in: lorenz y
out: x offset
lvl: 0.17
lvlr: 0

however, with these settings, the other issue you raise bout getting the modulation to cover the whole 0-127 range of MIDI values becomes apparent. i’ll try to get some solution for this in place in the near future.

1 Like

thank you so much @jaseknighter for a wonderful script. i’ve been having fun with it all afternoon.

(wrong framerate/audio out of sync/but you get the idea i hope)

7 Likes

wow, thank you for sharing this lovely recording @steveflato . i particularly enjoyed how your song came to a conclusion in a warm wash of noise and slowly evolving melody. :hearts:

1 Like

workshop announcement

there will be an online krill workshop next Saturday (May 14) at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (1:00 PM NYC / 6:00 PM London).

this probably won’t work well for folks in some regions (@mattallison, looking in your general direction), but i expect there’ll be a recording posted and if there is enough interest i’d gladly do a second session at a later time.

please look out for a follow up announcement in a separate thread with additional details in the next few days.

15 Likes

Ooh! Yes, please!
6:00pm London works fine for me!

2 Likes

This did improve the volume significantly - thank you!

2 Likes

I also had luck with this helping the levels. Thank you. Also very interested in the workshop!

Here’s one more video. I’ve been having so much fun with this all weekend.

1 Like

Looking forward to the workshop. My first attempt at trying Krill, got carried away…

6 Likes

wowza! this is really great @scottmoon. i am curious, if you don’t mind sharing, what other instruments participated in this recording? :heart:

2 Likes

Besides Norns, there’s Waldorf Iridium, Microphonic Soundbox, I used a Linnstrument to play Folktek samples in Battery 4, and a few voice samples.

3 Likes

Awesome script :slight_smile: . Can confirm that this has boosted the internal sounds. The more resonant notes now reach about 2/3rds and more of the default level meter. Without this, for me they were only reaching about 1/5th.

1 Like

i’ve updated the krill script so the envelope is off by default.

also, i found a bug with sending lfo’s to midi that i’ve fixed.

6 Likes

Having an issue when loading this script onto the Norns Shield, it gets stuck at the “loading …” screen, messages below. After this happens, I’m unable to load any other scripts which also gets stuck on the “loading …” screen. Post a system reset, I am able to load other scripts, however, I’ve never been successfully able to load the Krills script.

# script clear
# script load: /home/we/dust/code/krill/krill.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/encoders_and_keys.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/globals.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/lorenz.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/parameters.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/midi_helper.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/sound_controller.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/w_slash.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/externals.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/gui.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/vuja_de.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/vector.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/mod_matrix.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/hnds.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/save_load.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/cellular_automata.lua
including /home/we/dust/code/krill/lib/scroll_text.lua
# script run
loading engine: Krill
>> reading PMAP /home/we/dust/data/krill/krill.pmap
m.read: /home/we/dust/data/krill/krill.pmap not read.
1 Like

that’s weird. that paste doesn’t appear to show any errors.

@jaseknighter any ideas?

e: that tag was written before the messages were merged into this topic, feel free to ignore

1 Like