Kristoffer Lislegaard - Pocket EP 10 year anniversary re-release

Kristoffer Lislegaard - Pocket EP 10 year anniversay re-release

10 years ago i released my first solo EP called Pocket. It was released on cassette with an included download code. Today as a 10 year anniversary I am re-releasing it for streaming. I am also after a full decade finally ready to release my full length debut album as a solo artist (fun fact: still only 4 songs but they are longer in length) so it seemed like a good opportunity to re-release the previous one.

One thing I found really interesting when I was reflecting back on this was what the process was like, as I didn’t really have any studio gear. My instrument were acoustic and electric guitar with some distortion pedals going into Ableton Live played as a live instrument setup, controlled with midi controllers. That is still sort of the case, except I have mostly changed the guitars to a Linnstrument 128 and the controller setup is now a combination of different controllers (They Grayscale 64 is still in use though!) and a big custom controller system I made in Max. Plus a lot of Max instruments and processes.

On this EP though the first three tracks were recorded live to a small stereo recorder. The last track was made by recording acoustic guitar into the internal microphone on my old Macbook and then processed in Ableton Live and combined with a field recording. Pretty DIY workflow you could say. A decade later I am surprised the EP sounds as good as it does!

I made an announcement video going into a few other fun facts as well like how when I recorded one of the tracks I had to have an audio cable down my pants to stop the setup from making noise. The apartment had a grounding issue…

Bandcamp codes

Some Bandcamp codes for the lovely people at Lines.
Give a heads up which one you use so I can cross it off

naaq-ult8
5996-em3n
gy2u-3gdj
2uva-h7xy
amg8-v5jr
j5jn-ytfu
nluh-vjzt
98r8-3unv

vaqa-xygt
968b-vrf7
z3nl-gsjv
88k3-yr8d
xuc9-j9gg
6rgx-7nvq
memp-ggy7

Links

Bandcamp / Spotify / Apple Music / Tidal / Deezer

Hope you enjoy it!

7 Likes

Used this code: xuc9-j9gg

I love the fact that you had to stick a guitar cable into your pants to stop the hum from the audio interface–and the fact that you’d tell that story on YouTube.

Thanks for the download.

1 Like

Haha yeah the constant need to fix situations!
Thanks for listening!

Used memp-ggy7

Can’t wait to give this a spin

1 Like

I’m listening on Apple Music and really enjoying this!

1 Like

Thanks Kris!
Very cool offer

1 Like

at first i struggled to describe what i like most about the album

but the more i listened the more it became clear that the deeper i got (in duration) the more immersed i felt

by ostrich i was acclimated to the sonic sense of space and i think that heightened my enjoyment of the finale even more

cant wait to listen again and see whether the first tracks feel different now that i have the whole landscape in mind

excellent release!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @glia ! What a wonderful thoughtful reply! Really appreciate it!

1 Like

Took this code and listening now while I work. It’s a trip and sure doesn’t sound like it’s 10 years old.

Really appreciate the description of the recording process and will definitely watch your video tonight. Thanks again!

1 Like