Landscape HC-TT: Human Controlled Tape Transport

http://www.hc-tt.com/

This looks great.

9 Likes

It is an extremely fun little box and makes for certain and surprising Octatrack food.

1 Like

i love this, thank you for posting. i have drawings in my sketchbook of a similar device-- so glad someone else made it to prevent my project-backlog-anxiety

2 Likes

Obviously not my pic - landscape posted this today:

gulp

33 Likes

That’s beautiful. What is it??

Hmmm… the blue thing at the bottom is a cassette tape!

1 Like

Looks like the updated hc-tt they’ve been planning! http://www.landscape.fm/hctt/

5 Likes

Do you know what the update will involve? The original was super cool.

@yoyosandshoes @cmcavoy Yes, it’s a prototype for the new HC-TT (Human Controlled Tape Transport - love that name! :smiley: )

@disquiet On IG he mentions that the smaller black knob is for reverse playback. Some kind of effect (delay?) would be really cool. I wonder what the blue knobs does… Also, by the looks of it, there seems to be some kind of touch sensitive surface - similar to the stereo field (?)

4 Likes

Thanks! That surface-touch aspect makes sense. We shall see!

3 Likes

the little knobs on the bigger knobs for the transport control make this seem WAY more ergonomic than the original!

1 Like

so beautiful, i love his designs so much. can’t wait to find out what all of the touch plates do.

also, are those 1/4" jacks on top? interesting choice.

i loved the idea and design of the original, but it seemed more like a curiosity/novelty than instrument to me. hopefully the touchplates/cv control will make this more useful for me.

Not sure there will be any cv - he mentions that real quick in the comments at IG as well, and writes:

No cv still HC-Human Control

3 Likes

This update is rumored to also include recording capability!!!

6 Likes

Any updates on this from superbooth? I guess @rodrigo said he couldn’t figure it out but I’m itching to know what those knobs do!

Totally.

Granted, I didn’t ask (though it seemed like no one was really manning the booth when I came by). One knob appeared to be a gain/volume for the tape mechanism, but that’s as far as I got to with what the rest of the stuff did.

4 Likes