Langl

langl

arc grains looper

i love angl by @tehn and wanted to add to it in a way that was intuitive and fluid to me. the looping implementation is based off of an older application by @stretta that i don’t remember the name of. aside from that, it just gives you quick access to more of the parameters, mapping them to the arc as well. down the road i might add some integration with the grid to sequence saved states or sequence modifications of the current states.

Requirements

norns
arc

Documentation

load files via param menu

E2 to switch modes
K2 modifies

SPEED
- K2 then touch arc to
  set speed to zero

LOOP
- K2 move loop position

PITCH
- K2 coarse control

VOLUME, DENSITY, SIZE,
JITTER, SPREAD
- K2 fine control

Download

v1.0.0 - langl

github.com/burgessv/langl

28 Likes

Looks cool and I’m looking forward to trying it out! Question: Why do you have two 1/4" adapters plugged into the back of norns inputs? Is there some trick I’m not aware of?

1 Like

that’s just because most of the stuff i plug into there is 1/8" so I just leave the adapters in. no tricks

2 Likes

dude the density param with that windowing is super amazing! Nice work!

Also hi let’s get lunch sometime!

1 Like

thanks! yeah, let’s eat a food or two

Does this work with my meager mortal midi knobs?

2 Likes

Does this work with my meager mortal midi knobs?

i’m using the norns arc functions, which i don’t think adapts to use other encoders, so most likely not

1 Like

nice yes closer to stretta’s grainstorm…?

1 Like

yeah, i think that’s right

This is a superb script! The UI is great. I want to add live sampling capabilities.

3 Likes

yes, just assign what you want in the cc parameters

2 Likes

Thanks for this, i really missed something like electric dharma wheels for the norns.

Cheers!

3 Likes

I am not understanding in what way it’s similar to Electric Dharma Wheels. Isn’t that an FM synthesizer? Pardon my ignorance, as I haven’t used this particular norns script yet.

yes its synth :slight_smile: controlled by an arc?

Actually…you might be right! Holocene?

Need to check on my max folder :frowning:

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure myself, but what you said still seems accurate in a certain way at least. Holocene was apparently Stretta’s attempt at “A sit-the-arc-in-your-lap-and-doodle app”, and this script, “Langl” does seem to be detailed enough that it would allow for more of that type of playing. I suppose you’d just need it on a tray so norns may sit nearby. :slight_smile:

1 Like

GREAT script!
i like the new approach!

THANK YOU for keeping the sample slots together like in MANGL.

ran into an issue though. it seems like it doesn’t like some of my audio files.
not sure why since the same files play in other scripts.

also… was wondering…could you add a feature using button 3 to toggle through the sound control menu items?

i found myself whizzing through them and missing the mark when using the encoder.
:rofl:

Why not get a little lua practice in and code it up yourself?

because if i do i will ABSOLUTELY break something.

my coding is about the equivalent of my soldering…which i describe as looking like a drunk did it.

hence…
my Jasper, Yocto2, DIN DATIN DURO, LXR and various other machines all work really well because i did NOT build them.
:stuck_out_tongue: