Latest tracks + videos (archive)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BStlbsXgTIQ/?taken-by=samnewell1

1 Like

First time posting a track. I lurk this forum a lot though and dig the spirit of it.

This is a semi-improvisational piece inspired by Steve Reich’s Music for 18 Musicians. Like Reich’s pieces, it focuses on one chord throughout the whole piece (CGE in this case).

4 Likes

video removed (pending new attempt…)

14 Likes

This is really nice. What is the controlling speed/start/stop on the tables?

These just keep getting better!

@emenel I’m using the remote function that was designed to allow sync from a master deck to multiple slaves, my sequencer is sending the commands (acting as four master decks), see link Aleph prgm and iPhone prgm

@rdfm, thanks for kind words of encouragement!

2 Likes

new k-blamo

new youtube channel

2 Likes

The passing of Mika Vainio got me thinking about the 90’s again. I was so inspired by Panasonic that I recorded and released two albums of music that is heavily indebted to their sound.

Since I’ve been thinking about it, I decided to remaster and release them again under my New Tendencies name.

a01 was self released in CD-R and cassette in 1999.

Timbre was originally released on, the now defunct, Entartete Kunst Records (London, Ontario, Canada) in 2000.

8 Likes

first time recording 8ch simultaneously. didn’t expect the cognitive load

7 Likes

I love the rhythmic structure and textures eesn.

I was playing with waves on the aleph and droned out, forgot that I left audio in record… I found it interesting how so much complexity can come from a minimal interface.

I am half tempted to make 8x 5v attenuators for the Aleph just so each modulation param can evolve into more controlled complex oscillations.

2 Likes

https://soundcloud.com/mistiandreas/mist-1

3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

This is a video i made to promote the amazing samplr app. Shot, edited and made the music it. The song is made entirely from the sounds recorded in the beginning of the video. Made it for a marketing class/ internship when i was in business school.

9 Likes

Not necessarily a latest track or video, but I got the opportunity to interview Jason Williamson of Sleaford Mods a few months back – wrote a piece on it that just got published on PopMatters. Dude is brilliant, really a joy to bear witness. (paging: @Toaster)

6 Likes

still getting used to sharing sketches.
magic sliders on the Volca FM

2 Likes

Nice! Saw them on that very tour. It ruled.

1 Like

Hi guys! I’m excited to share this with you all. It’s the latest MUSIC VIDEO I’ve been working on featuring the electronics version of Aaron Cassidy’s The wreck of former boundaries.

I approached Aaron with a simple idea: to film him while he listened to his own piece, and to my delight he agreed. I wanted to see–and show–how he considers the work he knows intimately well as creator. I hope you can see what I see in it.

Please watch in HD–it makes a difference.

7 Likes
8 Likes

oh, that is truly beautiful. it almost implies a new genre: artists contemplating their work? perhaps that exists, I don’t know, but it’s wonderful - and especially so because I was unfamiliar with that piece

3 Likes