Latest tracks + videos (archive)

Storm Season is here on the East Coast. Though this track reminds me more of the storms in Indiana, where you can watch them miles out across the horizon and only hear the dimmest, stretched out echos of thunder.

3 Likes

One of 3 remixes I recently released

Full single available at: https://artist.landr.com/music/628810479214

1 Like

did a remix for the songlines remix competition - the original recording is a gender wayang gamelan performance recorded by david attenborough in 1956. i didn’t realize the competition is only open to UK artists but it was a fun experiment and something i want to explore further later.

the idea was to preserve and use the original field recording and its timing as much as possible. i used frap tools fumana to generate triggers from it which were used to clock orca (the alt firmware for white whale) through teletype for debouncing, orca sequencing four voices. several takes recorded and combined. the final track was recorded to a cassette - to complete the circle, so to say.

5 Likes

exploratory patching

1 Like

the spc thread has me really thinking about why use what i use
tracks made while mulling the question

3 Likes

Hey good people, I released the debut EP for my new solo project ‘Leash’ today. This comes after nearly a decade of almost exclusively collaborating in band/performance contexts, so it’s a bit of a long time coming that I put something out that is definitively my voice. Further, the project was primarily created as a way to begin making again after the painful dissolution of my longtime band, so it’s personal on a lot of levels. Consequently there’s anger, confusion, dread, but ultimately hope and catharsis. Thanks for listening.

2 Likes

Night Sweats. Track 2 from my forthcoming album Guesswork.

7 Likes

Most evocative, thank you.

The video for “the castle”, the first track from my debut album “a better place” is here:

The album is available to stream and download at bandcamp (j bowman).

I posted details regarding the recording of the album to the SOMA Lyra 8 thread (SOMA Labs Lyra 8), as that was the instrument used to make the album.

Thanks for listening!

3 Likes

Lo-fi noisy techno jam with PO-24 and bit crusher/ octave/fuzz/ring modulator/ drive pedal:

1 Like

I made a dark dubby sort of swampy thing with field recordings for the recent Dark Outside Broadcast in Epping Forest, near London. Very proud of this track as it features some of the first outdoor sound recording I did in 2011.

5 Likes

Weavings is the second track of my new album ‘Lure’. The core of the tune are the two Elektron Digitakts and a Digitone. They are accompanied by a eurorack modular system and a Ciat Lonbarde Cocoquantus. Everything is sent through OTO Bim & Bam and then directly into the Revox B77 1/4" tape recorder.

10 Likes

Hi everyone! I am happy to share my most recent music with you - Sustain.

A few word about this:
These pieces have been done exclusively while travelling (in trains, planes, hotel rooms) with very limited setup. For each of them I only had my laptop and a pair of headphones. On the software side, it’s only ableton + some maxmsp - no plugins.

Thanks for listening!

1 Like

an effort to share more unfinished work, made while a thunderstorm passed by…

3 Likes

Another couple patches from the wine box system that I recorded this weekend.

I’ve gotta say I am in love with the Pittsburgh Primary Oscillator. It’s capable of some very cool things. The track titled Ratio was built around using its different outputs to emphasize different harmonics and subharmonics. The blade output already rests at twice the fundamental on its own, but there’s a spot on the wavefolder where it will almost completely suppress the fundamental and second harmonic while boosting the third, and then the fragments output is capable of putting out some unpredictable subharmonics (but still musical, if you find a sweetspot for the CV input in relation to your pitch sequencing). Sending those three outputs and the fundamental through Frames set to act as a sequential switch made for a nice, constantly evolving melodic sequence.

3 Likes

I bought 20 cassettes from someone, with the intention to make tape loop containers for my 4-track. harder to splice tape than i remember, but rewarding.

1 Like

Experimenting with live patching…

Piano, Modular and Norns MLR

4 Likes
7 Likes

made this improvised remix of como la flor by selena. live sampled a live perfomance video of youtube. ran audulus through borderlands for granular synth sound. all trhough sp303 compression.

2 Likes