Latest tracks + videos (archive)

It was released today. I’m rather overwhelmed by the wonderful response. It’s the first time I’ve done a serious pre-sale thing and my hardcore fans have been great. It went top 5 at Apple Music in UK, France and Germany at some point today.
iTunes002
The Independent in UK (now called The i) made it album of the week. And reviews across the board have been very positive.
If you’d like to hear it, it’s here - http://www.lloydcole.com/album/guesswork/
I’m getting a cocktail, now.

26 Likes

As a long term fan of your music (due to some strange combination of events, Easy Pieces was the first vinyl album I bought), I was surprised to encounter you on Lines, and couldn’t be more pleased to see the response to Guesswork. Purchasing now…

4 Likes

Wonderful to see this positive critical response, which you definitely deserve. I’ve been a fan of your work from way back in the day. I remember my wife having a major crush on you–and I still like your music. Best of luck with the album.

Probably the most experiemental and Avant-Garde track I’ve ever attempted…
Lots of ambience fighting with noise and static and field recordings and some keys…
Quite pleased with it though

1 Like

Some more testing with my little DJ crossfader. Here using it like a “hihat” in a groove:

And for some good measure, a little demo of a housing I made to hold contact mics down easily:

2 Likes

It’s a rythmic track. I watched death in venice by luchino visconti yesterday, one of the layers in that movie is a very powerful evaluation of art and the artist. Really moved me, so I was simmering with that one. So for the visual I made an edit of the maerten de vos painting air, which is now similar to the ending of the movie. Visconti is super. The track was made in triqtraq which is also super. Thks for listening.

1 Like

Latest track is a mashup of the Mahavishnu Orchestra and Henry Purcell https://soundcloud.com/ethanhein/drooping-wings-of-karma

This is a quick test sending my Jaymar into Cranes.

5 Likes

This is a Mutable Instruments Clouds paired with the occasional Cloud Terrarium running through the Strymon Big Sky in Clouds mode. Hence the name, Clouds Cubed. More ambient than anything else (as you’d expect).

Cheers,

1 Like

Modular synth jam in Pure Data

1 Like

Sequencing the endorphin.es shuttle system and 0-coast with the OP-Z:

1 Like

new album of mine… a friend of mine who is active on this board was kind enough to release it on his label:

3 Likes

Playing around with norns awake in my shower recording with a microphone for natural reverb.
1 Like

Birdkids Raven & Bateleur + Elektron Digitone & Analog Rytm

2 Likes

Plumage is track nr. 7 of my new album ‘Lure’. Made with two Digitakts, Digitone, SP303 and a little modular system. Everything went through OTO Bim & Bam and then into the Revox recorder.

4 Likes

Took a trip down to the New Forest, made a drone with the Lyra 8:

3 Likes

Short clip with piano and a little modular

1 Like

a lil track i did as a demo for some optional “color” I’m doing on a friends film score. was very happy with how it came out kind of feels like my first real track with the modular! :open_mouth: i welcome advice or feedback PM’ed or otherwise (so as to not pollute this thread) - the main thing i guess I learned is i should record louder when using tape to drown out more of tape noise although it’s a nice element at times too :slight_smile:

PS this was only possible thanks to 2 cold macs~! best decision i ever made <3_<3

2 Likes