Latest tracks + videos

Really happy with how this has turned out thus far. It’s my first attempt to convey a story through music in this instance I based this track on the story of Icarus. Its not mixed in any great depth because a friend is going to contribute some material to this as well, but I wanted to share because I feel like this is somewhat of a breakthrough song for me in terms of composition.

4 Likes

The room I mix in is absolute doodoo for mixing bass (incredibly resonant at octaves of C making it nearly impossible to mix low end), and as I don’t have the room to do very much to mitigate this I use headphones to mix bass… but then I struggled for a long time with similar bass-heavy mixes because of this. I just got the Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin on sale, and I was highly skeptical of the gimmick of it, but it was immediately helpful with mixing bass. Because it models across near, mid and far speakers, I can get a decent idea of where my low frequencies are gummy in my mix. I would give this a shot, if you’re in a similar situation as I am, and need some more reference for issues with bass.

1 Like

I want to share a music video for my recent piece.
Music and the visual part were created in the tight collaboration and try to express “the Nearest” - ourselves.

7 Likes

Here is the first of a series of three very short releases I’ve just put up on Bandcamp. They’re made up in large part of cello improvisations cut up with Cheat Codes, and/or Orca patches playing felt piano EXS24 instruments. I’m continuously blown away by the power of these tools, and by the generosity of this community for bringing them into the world. Thanks for listening :slightly_smiling_face:

noedone

https://noedone.bandcamp.com/album/when-the-sun-drops-only-for-our-eyes

3 Likes

Much to my own surprise, I wrote a fragment of music that forms the soundtrack for a short film called “Ithaka”:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLncDNOBWRB/?igshid=uhqcm9rcxvvp

3 Likes

i’m suddenly realizing that piano and granulation are good friends that make good sounds together.

here is some piano improv over granulation from granchild:

i’m even finding the classics get a little sparkle with some granulation (intro from What a Wonderful World):

4 Likes
3 Likes

it’s actually somewhat simple. Two voices: Mangrove and STO into w/ looper and then into the delay. Performance wise I would perform notes and “capture” them into the w/ then adjust the feedback of the delay.

3 Likes

Bought the Knifonium synth and tried to make a song like James Holden, circa The Idiots Are Winning.

Bonus is a video with Betty Page!

1 Like

Something from earlier today while playing with the w/2 beta firmware, teletype sequencing one w/ running w/synth then running through another running w/tape

2 Likes

I’m still not sure how long I am going to continue this joke, but here’s derverberated and de-hissed Hainbach:

6 Likes

live take, no overdubs.
guitar > strymon iridium > cheat codes 2 > strymon volante > neunaber immerse mk2:

5 Likes

Evening jam with euroSerge. Magneto vs Sarajewo

http://www.instagram.com/p/CLpb-zHq1tV/

5 Likes

recorded this one last night… tr-8s on drums, op-z sequencing eurorack synths: mangrove, plaits, atlantis & bia

3 Likes

I used to be the singer of this trippy soul band: (https://pickwickmusic.com/)

But now I’m dipping my toes into modular and really enjoying it. Made with my mini Make Noise 84 hp setup. Just simple, single voice experiments:

Thank you so much for taking a listen, I’d love any feedback, suggestions, ideas…

4 Likes

Great piece. Love the approach to the idea both sonically and visually it’s expansive and intimate at the same time - I got a strong sense of macro and micro scale. Keen to see this in a big screen when I get the chance.

2 Likes

I released an EP today. A collection of tape loop pieces created in a single afternoon. It’s an exploration of the sonic possibilies of tape loops when their repetitive nature is coupled with reverb and delay. There’s something amazing about listening to the same phrase repeating over and over. Your brain begins to create these melodies that aren’t even there, or are they…i’m really not sure, but that has always been my experience when experimenting with tape loops.

Here’s a track from the EP called 1-2

6 Likes

a great idea, and these really draw me in… i like 1, 4, 6, and 8 the best(i would’ve liked 7 more, but you titled it “i like this” so i felt i had to resist the mind-control :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: …just kidding… i like that one and 5, too… all of them really are very engaging). they all give me these liquid-massagy feelz, really grip my ears to make my brain kick in to listening.
i think on some, my distracted mind wants to hear other voices(the ‘speaker ripper’ seems so powerful, my mind starts to fill in drums for some reason)… so i bet those are actually nicer in that respect, forcing me to take a step back and grow into them as is over time…
no suggestions from me, just observations. i loved it overall, thanks for sharing :raised_hands:

1 Like

Good job resisting the mind control.

I figure I’ll grow into other voices eventually, for now I’m enjoying getting there step by step, module by module. Thanks so much for taking the time to listen.

here’s my recent release. an interesting project that i did last year with a local fashion brand, incorporating sounds used from old factory of recycled fabrics.

and here’s some coupon for you:
3uzj-e623
5mt6-3y44
b8kt-cuja
du3y-hp9b
p5vy-vrgx
rrgz-6dnq
hm6f-5mkz
jbyx-bgt6
9xuj-x7uk
z4m8-e5j9
zery-br8t