Latest tracks + videos

Another cheat codes on push2 vid

4 Likes

Live jam with micro modular synthesizer, experiment self generating patch

3 Likes

Somebody was talking about Robert Hood and FM as a metaphor in another thread, so I got distracted with OP-Z, NTS-1 and a bit of live-coding on norms.

9 Likes

A bit of Teletype and TXo+ with the Grendel Drone Commander:

12 Likes

Some possibly-too-chill tracks:

Sort of a transitional set between me not really knowing how to use my tools to achieve my goals and starting to get a handle on that. (Generally, “do less” has been helpful.) It’s nice to mark this as “done” and move on to learning some new lessons.

6 Likes

This is my latest release. It is the first under my real name. Most of the stuff I’ve done over the past few years is based on a theme. For this one it was pretty simple: Start with a rhythmic phrase on my modular synthesizer, and then add voices and instruments.
Sometimes something resembling a more traditional piece would emerge (fifths), and sometimes I would just go for polyrhythmic stuff and zone out on loops.

As with most of my recent stuff lots of modular, lots of piano and electric piano, lots of guitar that sounds like synths, and lots of analog / hybrid synths.

7 Likes

Very cool! I like it. Actually, I had never heard of the Grendel Drone Commander. I had to look it up. I assume your’s is the modular v2 in your case and not the effects pedal? Sorry for my naiveté.

1 Like

Thank you very much!
It’s not the effects pedal neither the modular v2. It’s the previous modular version: Grendel Drone Commander DC-2e (http://rarewaves.net/products/dc2e/).
I see on your profile that you are Texas based. The Grendel Drone Commander is assembled in Texas!

1 Like

Latest in a series of drone works and longform minimalism, mostly Serge synthesizer. Grab some codes!

49bq-cr3r
q2xf-wdll
bxev-cd5e
wc67-xc23
epnd-ews4
r7dp-uwca
dw4g-54sb
pppn-bpcw
744q-xltr
vcs7-ea3l
fj4x-3bdj
lfcs-hhxy
qahs-55er
g7ec-3rrd
3w74-c4hh
wp54-wap5
s97j-c23r
p3w7-wcll
rdpa-cc5e
hffr-3xnw

3 Likes

Here some op-z + dictaphone through tape track Jam. Not my best jam but had fun and decided to share it anyways✌️

3 Likes

Thanks! Listening and enjoying now.

Thanks Abe! Sounds great so far :+1:

Lovely! Both the music and video. Subscribed.

1 Like

Trying out generative techniques with OT and MWXT.

1 Like

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

“Since February, I have forced myself to record one song a week with a setup that doesn’t allow to edit anything after I record a take. I needed something to distract me from the weird energy that this pandemic puts me into.
I am going directly to tape with no computer interventions. I did that to challenge myself and to force myself to make decision in the moment knowing that there is no possibilities of going back.
This album is the collection of 5 of these songs. These are the ones I can still bear to listen to after this little experiment.”

Marc Méan - Synth, ciat-lombarde Instruments & FX directly to tape.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve just announced my new album ‘Exit Ghosts’ which will be released in full May 14:th with the first single ‘Exit’ being available now (video below).

20 Likes

so exciting!!! what was your process to make the visuals in the video here?

1 Like