Latest tracks + videos

llllllll

Short clips of all artists who performed at our Noise Shed @ Windmill Brixton this summer:

Also I just made one my first test recordings using my eurorack setup. Off-model gabber kicks:

Here’s a little study for something longer – a sludgy, Basinski-esque loop from my recently snagged Phonogene. I’ve been getting a lot out of having the End of Splice pulse clock my sequencer (a Doboz TSNM), which in turn controls pitch on Clouds.

This was shortly before I started messing around with the Gene Size parameter and now, well, damn. Things went from Basinski to Reich right quick.

This podcast opens with the next single from my upcoming album together with a very nice selection of experimental tracks.

Live arrangement of a new track that I’m working on. Played it at my last show and was pleased with the response. Other artists were mostly doing weird noises on their modular so I wanted to differentiate myself and go for some SAW 85-92 vibes.

fresh out of the oven……try it if you have a bit of time……:wink:

A teaser of a track on my upcoming album… tape production has been taking much longer than expected :sweat: been wanting to share with people though. All the animation and 3d modeling I did also, it could probably use a bit of polish haha. thanks for taking a peek!

Live set from last week. I played guitar, live sampled a cassette and a cassette loop, and made drones all through my big eurorack case and Dennis played a smattering of Elektron devices.

I’ve been pretty happy with burbling rumbles coming out of my machine lately:

Improvised piece I made, sequenced with Marbles and a Klasmata/Tirana combo. Trying to get more comfortable with my setup so it feels intuitive and more like a single instrument.

I just started to incorporate extended tape loops into my music. This is the first thing I’ve done with them:

This is my latest record - The Thin Place - which made Bandcamp’s list of essential releases for the week. This was very validating!

This particular EP was Cirklon driving Roland System 100, MT-32, Odyssey, 0-Coast, and some effects.

I played my second solo live techno set last weekend… I play with some of the Elektron machines and mostly stick to playing with mutes and some macro-controls that I prepared beforehand.
I feel like in live-situations I lose all my creativity/brain power to modify synth parameters/etc. any further… how do you deal with this? Does it get better with practice?

Cheers!

This is … very good. If you get better with practice then we’d all better watch out :wink:

my album for this week - more piano and toy keyboard mlr doodles

Recently i’ve been trying to focus more on getting more human triggered events going on in my patch studies (with Rene ^_^) so that I can play them more

Thank you! I feel flattered :wink:

Nice set! Sounds great.

I don’t perform live, so this is just me being curious as well, but your comment on having trouble thinking through live situations reminds me of how athletes often exaggerate techniques, or over-compensate for things when training. Like how a baseball player might practice swinging with a heavier bat, or certain martial arts styles will train with a wider stance than needed, to compensate for the body’s tendency to tighten up in a dangerous situation. I wonder if practicing your sets at a higher tempo would help get you used to reacting quickly, and then when things feel like they’re moving quicker than normal in a live situation you might be better able to make more complicated changes?

Here’s a video I made yesterday, inspired by the doubly ambient videos of ann annie. It’s like a “modular field trip,” but in my own home. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how new spaces change the kind of sounds I make in them; I’ve recently moved from Brooklyn to upstate in the Hudson Valley, and our home here is generative of an entirely different soundscape.

More to come! I’m especially excited to track the changes in “room feel” as the seasons shift, and the light changes.

@zuliani Great tracks! Really diggin the atmospheric video work also. What’s your setup? I cannot clearly see what modules you got except for the 0-coast. What’s doinge sequencing?

For those of you who enjoyed the first two Carry The Martyr tracks, a third just appeared on bandcamp, inventively named 0003.