Latest tracks + videos

llllllll

This is making it easier to grade midterm exams!!!
Thanks!!!

A busy week for me, as well as the Naviar Haiku Fest Live recording, I also released a space ambient collaboration with Synkrotron

and a new album of slow and peaceful ambient music with a naturalistic feel (though only the first track includes natural sounds, of my garden as I recorded, the rest are all made on modular synth)

Music has been helpful in processing all that has been going on back home while I live abroad. Here’s one for Pittsburgh.

Also had two sets at a live modular show I did at Ivy Palace here in Taipei at the end of last month. Shared the night with an awesome house music DJ. Definitely pushed me to find new things in front of a live audience.

Vote early and often, folks.

Really like this, great stuff and the video does fit really well. :+1:

Thank you! There’s more on the way!

super excited to have a mobile power source now! here’s a piece from yesterday’s adventure:

Something I did this morning with Glut on norns when I should have been working.

:fallen_leaf: autumn :maple_leaf: sounds

Hey all, a new series of videos from our studio, hope some of you like it!

:rainbow: . with love from the southeast of nowhere . :rainbow:

Nguyễn + Transitory
sound postcards 03.11.18
chiang mai

follow: instagram.com/nguyen.transitory/
listen more: https://nguyen-transitory.bandcamp.com
see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzsCrH15wtfOSCyORFBz_g

wow, great atmosphere… would like to know more about the patch. What’s the teletype and the w/ doing? cheers!

I’ve been a little overly busy the last few weeks, releasing CELLS. Here it is in full, but is also on apple / spotify / amazon / google play / all other corporate sites as well:

I’ve also got another Carry The Martyr track live, just here:

And in true Lines Community style, I’ve had music released on a ridiculous format; the Game Boy Cartridge. (via my other, other pseudonym donotrunwithpixels). It’s only available as a file at the moment, but they’re taking orders on the actual carts:

Hey! I just dropped a new ambient EP. Digital only with free (name your price) downloads for the first week. Hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

thanks for listening!

in this patch, i’m pretty sure teletype is just doing 2 things: generating slewed random voltages, and i’m using grid ops to play just friends in a way similar to earthsea.

one w/ is just playing back a reversed loop i made just before recording of some glassier/bell timbres from elements. thats what you hear at the beginning of the video.

the 2nd w/ is recording the output of just friends through the mmg. i love layering simple lines over each other sound on sound style, and creating these huge masses of sound

So the second w/ is used as a looping delay?

essentially yeah, just without the repeats fading away. in my mind at least, the delay time / loop length is long enough that i don’t really think of it as a delay effect, and it’s more of a compositional element like a solo guitarist using a loop pedal to build up layers of parts.

Man this is beautiful! You are always putting out great stuff

I made a racket at my local Electronic Music Open Mic night here in Manchester.

Quick 10 minute set with modular and Synthstrom Deluge…

Had a lot of fun and learnt a lot too (use less fx).

Thank you so much, glad you enjoy the EP.

using organelle with monome control to asynchronously loop 0-coast tones.

Performed at a lovely little lounge here in Chicago. Teletype Grid/ops running the show, along with Ansible x 2, Telex modules (one track features them in oscillator mode!) and ER301 via the bus. I’m using Norns MLR to create looped material for the transitions.

Highlight clip:

Full Hour:

@scanner_darkly