Lepidoptery

Yes a pattern recorder would be excellent. I suggested in the Bouys post that a combination of these two scripts could be amazing. Wish I had scripting chops, maybe someone who does fancies looking at this.

3 Likes

I’ve not tried the script yet, but wondered if there is ‘through’ behaviour. Can sounds be passed before hitting record?

Yeah that’s up to the “monitor” level on the mixer on the Norns.

2 Likes

add input from tape? thanks

2 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea, I second this request.

2 Likes

Okay, well there’s now a silly little very hungry caterpillar pattern recorder.

It’s a little strange, deliberately: the caterpillar knows how to toggle a butterfly, but knows nothing about whether it’s playing or not. If you have an odd number of events for a particular butterfly, your effective sequence will be twice as long as it takes the caterpillar to cross the screen.

Anyway, holding k1 adds events to the caterpillar pattern. Holding k1 + k2 clears events as the caterpillar passes them.

The pattern saves to a hidden parameter on every beginning of the caterpillar’s trip — so if you like your pattern, wait 'til the caterpillar comes around again to save your pset.

The caterpillar is beat-synced, and you can set high numbers of beats.

13 Likes

I love Norns and this community :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Okay, I just fixed what I think is a major bug in the pattern recorder that could end up freezing the program.

Anyway, thank you for your patience, here’s what’s in my pattern recorder (the mic was hot, direct into reverb, so at one point you can hear my kid being like “ooo I like the pictures” in here)

9 Likes