library + norns package manger + norns.community -- bot to help make sure it's in all the places?

I’ve been less engaged here for a bit, did not realize that norns.community was now the preferred method of sharing (vs library posts). I see my scripts in the list above, will look at how to document those on the community site and try to make time for that.

this post also serves as a +1 for script authors not always wanting - or lacking the time/willingness - to document more than once. it is difficult enough as it is for me to verbalize what it is some of these things I make for myself should even be doing, ha.

14 Likes

100%.

i’m honestly torn by two contradictory feelings.

discovering a hidden gem script is part of the experience. similar to the joy and anticipation of opening a present.

on the other hand, threads under the Library section get buried quickly. some users might struggle navigating it. but more importantly, some scripts (and their authors) don’t gather the attention they should deserve.

by trying to be niche for the sake of being niche, people (users and authors) might get excluded from part of the experience…

i believe a compromise between the 2 approaches is possible. as an example, @dan_derks did an amazing work at making the documentation way clearer while maintaining its original tone and spirit.

:yin_yang:

4 Likes

update: added my scripts (Here/There, Uhf, Tunnels) to norns.community today so they can be removed from that list @jlmitch5

5 Likes

Will do, I’ll update with the maiden stuff and update it shortly

2 Likes

Thanks again for everyone’s thoughts here. I’ve revised my list of apps not on norns.community, added one for apps not in the package manager, and started the thread suggested:

here:

2 Likes

Hi I’ve just deleted the synths page accidentally. Can someone undo my booboo. sorry, i’m tired.

Cc @eigen @tyleretters @tehn ^

arf, i’m under the impression that the “recycle bin” (restore page) functionality is not yet implemented in our version of wiki.js…

may have to recreate it manually or from a backup…

There is also this awesome norns list. @eigen it’s you with the Godzilla profile image innit?

yeah (full story).

2 Likes

fixed. it’s just one line of code for folks in the future:

<iframe src="https://p3r7.github.io/norns-gallery-render/?category=synths"id="gallery-iframe"></iframe>

3 Likes

So, I’ve duplicated content now for my sines script in 3 places: the first post in the lines thread, the git repo readme.md for sines, and now the norns.community site. For my little script, this kind of feels like overkill. I do appreciate the norns.community site though. It’s very nice and user friendly.

5 Likes