Linus Schrab - Leaves Will Reason (self released)

Linus Schrab - ‘Leaves Will Reason’ (EP)

[recorded dec. 2020 using teletype, norns/grid w. cheat codes 2, less concepts and arcologies sequencing a make noise 0-coast, morphagene and mimeophon, mannequins just friends and three sisters, elektron digitone. processed through happy nerding fxaid and knob.farm Ooots. all live takes, no post editing.]

10 codes for lines:
redeem at linusschrab.bandcamp.com/yum
[taken]
[taken]
j6g2-cha8
[taken]
[taken]
nq6g-ywx5
[taken]
[taken]
[taken]
[taken]

(please tell what code you use in a comment below.)
thanks for listening.

16 Likes

Cool! And thanks again for generously sharing codes! I used this one: 8lsj-62fh

1 Like

Thank you! Very interested to hear this as my Norns Shield has just this minute been delivered! :smiley:

I used ww82-gb45

Edited to add: On a quick first listen, the third track (Growth) is my favourite - that squelchy bass! :green_heart: It has a similar vibe to Tim Blake’s “Last Ride of the Boogie Child”, an album I still play to this day!

1 Like

It sounds really great! Even more impressive that those are all live takes. Here as a link to the release to listen to it before redeeming a code: https://linusschrab.bandcamp.com/album/leaves-will-reason

2 Likes

Thanks, used ekxv-hmrd.

1 Like

Had a quick listen before grabbing a code but only very briefly. This is great stuff! Took 2sq7-yljv

1 Like

never heard that track but get what you mean from a quick listen. the ‘squelchy’ bass is actually the slope circuit on 0-coast acting as a subharmonic oscillator sequenced by the secondary midi channel on 0-coast.

1 Like

0-coast?! Then I really am impressed! I believe Tim Blake was using some very heavy-duty Moogs on his stuff (it was back in the 1970s, after all - none of yer new-fangled technology then!)

There’s a recent-ish upload of the track on YouTube that’s pretty easy to find if you want to check it out - I won’t link it directly from here because I don’t want to risk derailing this thread with a big ol’ video post of someone else’s work - yours deserves precedence here!.

Seriously, though I’m on my second play of Leaves Will Reason and it’s really hitting the spot! Thanks again for the share!

1 Like

found the album on spotify, listening now. it’s great. thanks for the tip. it will probably inspire me to go further down this path. all out sci-fi boogie bass! :space_invader:

1 Like

It’s what the world needs today! :rofl:

1 Like

Great release! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this album, and congratulations.

Very nice textures, and the general atmosphere is in tune with the situation I find myself in at the moment.

I used the following code.
lg3n-34er

1 Like

used 63ud-xe32

thank you for sharing with us!

1 Like

bne6-vtch

Lovely album, thank you for sharing :pray:

1 Like

This is absolutely beautiful

Thanks for sharing it

1 Like

Always inspiring to see what you are up to — lovely stuff!
I was so free to use code kd5e-j3dh …

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like