Linux people: want to help with the new thing?

earlier i’d already hinted that the “new thing” involves linux.

it’s a pretty ambitious project with many aspects— and it’ll all be open source and no doubt evolve beyond my initial concept, the same way everything else we’ve made has (!)

it’s close. i am looking to delegate some linux-centric tasks. i have near-final totally-working prototype units.

e-mail info@monome.org if you have deep linux knowledge, enjoy this sort of thing, and have some hours to share.

edit! got a flood of interest, thank you everyone! stay tuned for more actual information, hopefully soon!

Approaching: norns

Just for clarification, are you meaning linux administration (e.g. console/system level) or linux programming (e.g. drivers/kernel/clang/llvm) when you say “deep linux knowledge”?

mostly admin: systemd, plymouth, etc. drivers are done!

Wow, a great opportunity. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s curious.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed using/studying Linux systems the last couple years, but I doubt my knowledge would be considered deep.

That’s me.

Also me.

Poop.

Have fun lucky people with time.

I am always available for help with diagrams, manual illustrations etc. Though I have no idea if the “new thing” would require this sort of thing.
p.

Monome and Linux? I’m in! :smiley:
I’ll send a mail, can probably help, depending on what exactly you need help with of course :slight_smile:

I am totally curious. Unfortunately I don’t think my knowledge is deep enough. But I can do beta testing :slight_smile:

Brian
Count me in if you need any Linux shenanigans done. I’m off all summer and I’d love some excuse to come up to Delhi again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: