Liquid Transmitter - MEANDER

My first new release of 2020 is a side-step from my Buchla-focused works of the preceding three years. Contrary to what the album title MEANDER might imply, the process was a very focused one: having a cleared table with only a norns, a Digitakt, and a contact microphone - and to create a series of compositional ‘retreats’, as the failings/flailings of the world at large were weighing too much on me this past two years. Not only was this a break in instrumentation, it was also the first project in quite some time where there was not a clearly preconceived structure to each composition (meaning found itself, at it’s own pace…so to speak). I have the inventiveness of people like @carltesta (for sway), @Justmat (for bounds), and @tehn (for awake) to thank for the ever-compelling avenues opened up to me in these pieces.

MEANDER is assigned to my pseudonym Liquid Transmitter - a name that I have used over the years for work that unabashedly reveals my love of early styles of ambient electronic music.

Now available from Infrequency Editions, with a fine cover painting by Lance Austin Olsen:

7 Likes