List of good electronic music documentaries

llllllll

Universal Techno (french tv)

shocked it wasnt here already

essential

Not about electronic music exactly, but about someone that contributed to it too…

The subsonic series was good:

6 half hour episodes looking at various experimental acts from around the world, produced in Australia.

excellent series

i’m finished this and dove into the one on adam asnan

just saw ‘a portrait of arthur russel’ mentioned above, very good!
anyone some new discoveries?

This one is really great! Just wish it was longer and more in-depth. This documentary was my first encounter with Elaine’s music, and still something I come back to on a regular basis.

good? not sure
music? hmmm

since i’m a vandal this goes here anyway

Not a documentary as such but an interesting glimpse into the world of Karlheinz Stockhausen in the form of a tour of his studio at WDR.

Part 1 below. There are 5 parts - watch on youtube and the others will be in the right hand sidebar.

really enjoyed this. creative

Originally from Belgian television but with English subtitles.

Not a documentary but kind of lecture/presentation/q&a about the history of Serge.

julian cope!

not about music, but has great music. and is great all around. especially if you like rocks.

bravo
’the natural temple, as j.cope says

I’m a big Julian Cope fan, but haven’t seen this. Thanks @tehn

this is important

when will the documentary about monome (brian crabtree and kelli cain, who create adaptable interfaces: versatile tools with flexibility not as a feature but as a foundation) and the lines community come into existence? :slight_smile:

edit: an shared effort? the lines community documentary project?