Lockdown music - a piece a day during the lockdown

March 21:
Metallic howls.

Prepared guitar, contact mic, spring, ebow, objects.

From my EP published 2 days ago and composed in these quarantine days.

2 Likes

March 22:

Function generator and computer.

3 Likes

probably won’t be able to post daily, but here’s some meditative ambient i made to keep you company during lockdown.
quarantine quadrax ambient

March 24th.
Well the UK only really went into lock-down yesterday. On Monday I was even thinking I might be working for another week but now I am told to stay home till April 13th at the earliest.
So today is Day 1 of the my Home Lock-down / Self Isolation.
Here then is my first track, will try and post every day but I am sure I’ll fail to do that!

One I did today in Vcv. I hope it brings you joy

1 Like

March 25th.
Continued on from the stuck record that was near the end of yesterdays track… Took that as my starting point and kept one of the previous days ambient synths and then went in a whole new direction

1 Like

This one is less upbeat more contemplative than the other day.

1 Like

March 26th.
Starting to find a bit of a feeling for this, third day and third track created. I kept the stuck-record sound from the end of track 1 which also ran through track 2 but it fades out a bit in this one only to come back in near the end. All 3 tracks so far have some of the same sounds within them and all have different sounds, good fun making this.

I’ve been busy with other things, so I haven’t made one for a few days. I just recorded this short one, might expand on the idea in a later piece. The lockdown here in Denmark was recently extended to the 13th of april, so there’s plenty of time to keep recording. Share what you all make.

The setup:
Broken speaker unit, sea shells (that add practically nothing in this setup) and ppooll feedback.

3 Likes

27 March.
Day 4 for me on lock-down and here is my 4th consecutive piece… Finding a bit of a groove now with these

1 Like

Modular patch for a dreary morning.

I’ve gone hunting for the sounds in my apartment that I haven’t gotten around to record yet.
Enjoy the composed sounds of my fridge.

2 Likes

28 March

Day 5 and my 5th consecutive piece… I cleared the screen from previous efforts which have till now all used some of the same elements but with this its all new. I built this up quickly almost improvised. Once I got about 4 minutes in I stopped and had a break and then came back and plugged my turntable into my laptop and fed this into a channel of effects, I thought about scratching but instead let the needle do some damage…

29 March

Day 6…

1 Like

Video I did for a Lock-Down Facebook event, “drone on the balcony” few days ago
Hope you’ll enjoy

1 Like

March 30

Today I’ve been experimenting with Turntablism, something I’ve not done for quite a few years. The first few minutes of this track all come from feeding my turntable directly into Ableton and looping the resulting sound. The channel was set-up to have some effects chain and reverb already configured so the sound of the record was going to come out differently. I put on a solo harp record, it comes out quite distorted for a harp. I then looped it after a few seconds and let this play. I cue up a further bit of the track bring the fader up and loop this. I did this a third time and looped this. Next I changed the record but selected another solo harp record. I recorded this for aroung 20 minutes playing with the effect chains.

Later in the day I sat down and started to edit the earlier recording. I added some additional channels of distorted and f**ked beats, synth and also a field recording made outside of my house a few days ago. Altogether I was quite pleased with the way it came out. (Love the little fragile drop around 6 and a half minutes in…)

1 Like

April 1st.

After 7 days of making and uploading a track each day I took yesterday off… But got back into it today with a little ditty based around some home recorded sounds of my kids and general house chatter… Then added beats and pieces…

1 Like

April 3 2020. Xynthi. Enjoy.

2 Likes

My 11th track in 12 days… This was a bit of a re-work from an old track that was gathering dust on my hard-drive. Pulled it out and gave it a spin, liked it and added around a whole new raft of sounds.