London Contemporary Orchestra - Giacinto Scelsi: String Trio

Hi! Just wanted to let you know about a release I’m really excited about, and did the engineering for via my studio Ambient Works.

It’s a recording of Giacinto Scelsi’s String Trio, released on SA Recordings (Spitfire Audio). Rob Ames, Galya Bisengalieva, and Max Ruisi from London Contemporary Orchestra turned in a wonderful performance, and Nicol Vizioli did a video piece to accompany.

Though it’s not electronic, I think Scelsi’s footprints run throughout all the music we make.

It was also selected as Contemporary Album of the Month by The Guardian:

Here’s the teaser, with a link to the record on SA Recordings below. Hope you enjoy!

Record page here:
https://spitfire.click/LCO-string-trio

18 Likes

This is really great. I follow LCO and have been looking forward to this release. How awesome for you to be part of such a beautifully realized project. Do you know whether SA is planning to do a companion library as they have with their other releases?

1 Like

@euxine thank you for sharing this. This is one of the reasons I like this forum, …people sharing interesting stuff

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the kind words, still feels a little dreamlike to me :slight_smile: I’m not sure about the Spitfire side - I was working with the artists and the label. They usually release them simultaneously, right?

1 Like