Long-form Ambient Compilation

This is a Lines community compilation based around the idea of creating a long-form ambient compilation. Anyone is free to participate. There are no strict instructions in terms of theme or style, just your interpretation of the title of this thread. A guideline length for each track is 30-90 minutes, but this is just a guideline. Put in what you feel is necessary. I’m in equal parts amazed, slightly terrified and hugely excited by the response to this. Some 80 interested members so far. It’s going to be epic!

No idea currently how this will be released (will try Bandcamp initially, but other ideas welcome), but it will be released.

The deadline for contributions is: 18th January

I’m keeping a list of everyone who has expressed interest here:

I’ll check names off as tracks come in (officially open from now) so we can see the development of the compilation. I’m also thinking to check around the deadline with anyone who has expressed interest but has not contributed, via DM. Feel free to add or remove your name, don’t worry about the numbering!

This thread is also a place to discuss your ideas or process - as documentation or inspiration for others.

Here’s the original post:

The recent thread Music & Family reminded me that when my eldest (now 3.1/2) was a baby, I tested out a range of ambient tracks to try and get him to sleep. Can’t really remember the results (or anything else from that period!), but it did pique my interest in the idea of creating long-form ambient works, like 30min+

Is anyone into this? Would anyone be interested in contributing to a Lines long-form compilation?

twenty characters of absolutely, sounds like fun!

I’m in the innest in that ever inned.

Yesssss, I’m in…

yes, definitely :))))))))

I would love to get in on this…

I’m definitely interested. Sounds like a great idea.

This dad is interested

I’m also interested.

Yes, absolutely - this is such a great idea.

Very interested! I have a lot of ideas circulating my brain that could be put to practice with this kind of project.

Me too thanks 20chars

Definitely, count me in!

Curious to hear more about how…what…where… yes- im interested.

I would use it to sleep :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s a convincing response!

I’d be happy to coordinate it. Could it go out on the Bandcamp page @jasonw22? Do they have time limits there? Could be a long one…

My feeling would be that the format of longform ambient is enough of a guide. But it could be themed, eg something around sleep, but perhaps that’s too defined? What do people think?

Track length could be 30min - 1hr max?

Always interested, love the robert rich approach.
Love to try it.

would love to do something like this

Count me in! Would love to be apart of it.

Also interested. I’ve been doing a lot of short form recently. Good motivation to stretch out.