Looking to join a Decorative Houseplant ensemble

Also into Snubstep, Nornscore, Acapella Deep Mulch. Berlin based.
I play Pocket Operator, Otamatone and kazoo.
You must be ultimately dedicated to realizing the perfect ideal of future electronic music, but not real serious about it.

27 Likes

I play Rings into Clouds but never Clouds into Rings.

Also… MIDISprout…

4 Likes

That is cool. Are you down with standing motionless in front of a window in a modern apartment? If so, we should jam.

10 Likes

I’ve got my drum kit ready

But I dunno. Standing motionless sounds hard and potentially bad for your posture.

EDIT: also, I’ve been getting into mandible more lately, so… :wink:

5 Likes

shop

34 Likes

D00000D!
Mandible is the schlitz!
I’ve got all their one cassette!

Maybe someday there’ll be enough of a following for vinyl!

Interested. Since I was kicked out of my Gentlecore band (by risograph notice in a letterpress envelope), I’ve been looking for a new gig. Into Coastal Horizon Gaze, and Minor Key Drone House. Have my own set of succulents.

26 Likes

As a former member of a deep cactus dj/band/thing I would be down with this except the “decorative” part, which seems a little loud and attention seeking. But then again houseplant is such an inclusive genre which is supercool.

4 Likes

This is how the trouble starts, kids!

Bc tone needs to be explicit on social media: I’m being ironic, but…not too ironic hahaha

Just promise us this won’t devolve into humor that actually makes anyone feel uncomfortable.

That being said, when you all get this ensemble going, count me in. Check my track that runs kombucha through a healing crystal.

Comment, link, subscribe!

3 Likes

Potential members will be evaluated based on their cassette loop splicing acumen.

2 Likes

mmmm… very much yes

4 Likes

Horizontal costal haze?

1 Like

Nah, I live in a mid century modern suburban ranch north of Philadelphia. I have trouble standing still because of ADHD.

2 Likes

I’m so in for this. My horde of crassulas, aloes and echevarias are primed and ready. They’re going to photosynthesise like mad!

6 Likes

will joining this ensemble bring my dead plants back to life? if so put me down as “interested”

With a possible berghain queue impromptu?
I‘ll come with my carbon footprint and you all should reconsider doing this, or maybe a decentralized 56kb modem jam? What??

Down for gardencore lyricism.

1 Like

Been drafting diagrams for troubled foliage (mostly conifers, outdoors), and graphic scores for inclement weather, quasi-tonal improv. DM if you’re looking for ornament / lighting ideas

1 Like

Werd. I’m also into Deep Houseplant, Acid Houseplant and Dead Houseplant.

Actually, IMO Deep Houseplant is just Decorative Houseplant with more nitrogen. And Dead Houseplant is just Deep Houseplant with less water.

8 Likes