\m/ lines metalheads \m/

Only saw neurosis once and they were brain meltingly good.

3 Likes

OK SO a neural network trained on Archspire is learning to make tech death metal right now and you can listen LIVE here and contract some kind of cyberpunk mind-virus probably, don’t blame me

7 Likes

my neurons just got carpal tunnel syndrome.

Update: I sent the link to my guitar player, himself a shredder and in touch with the greater shredding community it seems, and he sent it to (one of?) the guitar player(s) of Archspire. I missed it, but apparently the AI played a 30 second drums-only breakdown yesterday. What a future.

3 Likes

At one point I heard it do like 3mins of what sounded like acoustic guitar dark ambient before launching back into the blast churn.

Ha cool, hope they appreciate. If I were them I’d rip an arbitrary album’s worth and learn to play it :smiley:

1 Like

They should play a show and open for the AI. Maybe some animatronic band action?

1 Like

Been really into the band Fórn recently. https://forn.bandcamp.com/track/dweller-on-the-threshold

1 Like

I am absolutely obsessed by Light this city.

Perfect metal/metalcore album imo.

Not much of a metalhead here, although have been a huge fan of Godflesh since the start. They just do something very special!

1 Like
2 Likes

Some while back I was really into the Sci-fi death metal with synths band Nocturnus and a friend just let me know they have a new album (well, a reformed/spinoff band ‘Nocturnus AD’ so anyway. it’s pretty good. Their old stuff is worth a look if you haven’t heard. Where else would you get a concept album about satanic robots from the future travelling back in tile to kill baby jesus?

one of my favorites from their older stuff

MASTER
OF
CLIMATE
CONTROOOL
1 Like

Lake of Fire forever.

1 Like

I’ve been playing this album a ton.

1 Like

That’s great. Reminds me a bit of the rhythmic nervousness of Botch

I saw Justin Broadrick’s JESU support ISIS in England (2004ish). They were HUGE. Kind of shoegaze but extremely dense and epic sounding.

2 Likes

YOU ARE THE STARGATE.

3 Likes

these may not be strictly metal but def heavy and dissonant. criminally underrated and underplayed albums, imho

5 Likes

Weren’t Coalesce on Hydrahead records for a while? Surely that’s heavy (metal?) enough… Great track!!

deadguy is inextricably linked to many of my past skateboarding injuries. wore that tape out in my walkman. killer record, same with the ‘screaming w/ …’ 10"

1 Like

yeah, they released some stuff on HH

1 Like