Make Noise 10 Yr Anniversary

Any lines people planning to attend?

http://makenoisemusic.com/yr-celebration/yr-celebration

This summer, join Make Noise as we celebrate 10 years of making synthesizers with concerts, talks and more! Held over the weekend of June 15th here in Asheville, NC, our 10 Year Celebration will be a look back at this history of Make Noise, its instruments and artistic collaborations.

• Make Noise Records showcase at the Diana Wortham Theatre in downtown Asheville featuring Tyondai Braxton, Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe & others

• Saturday panel discussions and a hands-on pop-up Synth Library at the newly renovated Ambrose West event space, just down the block from Make Noise HQ

• Richard Devine sonic sculpture installed at the Black Mountain College Museum

• Films of Sean Curtis Patrick on an endless loop at the Asheville Movement Center, just behind Make Noise HQ

• Synth library full of Make Noise modules (both in and out of production)

• Saturday night, we’ve partnered with the All Go West festival for a Dance Party and Concert in West Asheville

• Sunday join us for a Modular on the Spot at the French Broad River Park

I’m hoping to take a much-needed vacation away from work and attend, especially since the recent announcement of the panel topics:

• Performing & Composing with Modular Synthesizers, featuring the musicians from Friday night’s concert (moderated by Tony Rolando)

• Make Noise Module Developers Panel, with Tom Erbe, Yerpa58, Matthew Sherwood and Tony Rolando (moderated by Walker Farrell)

• Building Community Through Modular Synthesis, with Surachai, co-founders of the S-1 Synth Library, Technological Taxidermy and Modular on the Spot (moderated by Kelly Kelbel)

• Microsound, Tape Music & the Morphagene, with Tom Erbe, Tony Rolando, Walker Farrell and Richard Devine.

I’ll be there. Very excited for it. Hadn’t seen those panel announcements, all four of those sound great…

I’ll be there as well! Would love to meet up at some point.

I’ll be there, really looking forward to it.

i’ll be there too, playing at that saturday night show. would love to meet up!

I found a round-trip from Chicago to Atlanta for $100, and will either be taking a bus or carpooling from there. So much cheaper than flying into Asheville or Charlotte. See you guys there!

I will be there already got my ticket for the big show!

I hope they film/ stream some of those panel topics. Sounds great.

I hope so too! I was also hoping the same thing for Moogfest because they are doing an Intro to Patching and Looping 101 series in which Emily Sprague, Marta SmiLga, Annie Hart, and Stud1nt.

Limited edition black and gold QMMG available for purchase at Make Noise HQ during the 10 Year Celebration:

Sounds pretty awesome! You think you’ll pick one up there?

I just bought an MMG, so it’d be overkill at this point, not to mention I’m low on space until I’m able to get a 7U from them. It’s tempting though.

Gotcha! I don’t think I’ll get one either but it would be fun to mess with one at the show.

Anyone from OH/PA/MI, or passing through those states, planning to head down for this and maybe want to carpool?

Given I’m in Australia I’m very tempted to ask someone to get me a QMMG, but only if there’s some spare after everyone at the event who wants one gets one.

I feel like this forum is folksy enough that I don’t feel too weird asking:

Is there a chance that anyone in Asheville might be able to host a single attendee (hint: me!) for one or more days around the time of this event? I’d also be down to split an AirBnb or other lodgings with someone.

Other than going to make noise stuff I’ll be chained to my laptop writing my dissertation, so no party vibes on my end.

I thought I’d ask on here before hitting couchsurfing.com or scrolling through Airbnb listings.

Pretty sure I’ll be crashing in one of the pods at this hostel, which looks relatively comfortable and affordable.

http://www.sweetpeashostel.com

Also, hi Joseph! Remember when you randomly bought a tape from me and we ended up meeting at the show that William Basinski and Mind Over Mirrors played at the cemetary chapel in the middle of a blizzard? Looks like we’ll be crossing paths again in Asheville.

Oh my gosh, hey!!! It’s you!

Finally decided to make the drive down there so I’ll be attending and Make Noise just posted the complete schedule.

Friday

10am-3pm: open hours at the Make Noise shop for module purchases (including the QMMG!) and demos

11am-4pm: the Films of Sean Curtis Patrick screening at the Asheville Movement Center (right behind the Make Noise Shop)

12:00pm-7pm: “Recursion Mechanism,” a new sound installation by Richard Devine at the Black Mountain College Museum and Art Center

5-6:30pm: Happy Hour at the Center for Craft, Creativity and Design for ticket holders

6:30-7:30 Eat dinner somewhere! (It’s not a bad idea to get a reservation if there is somewhere you really want to go, since downtown is really busy in the summertime!)

8pm: Make Noise Records Showcase at the Diana Wortham Theatre (doors at 7:30pm). Tickets are available through the Diana Wortham Theatre Box Office.

Saturday

10am-12:30pm: open hours at the Make Noise shop for module purchases (including the QMMG!) and demos

10am-4pm: the Films of Sean Curtis Patrick screening at the Asheville Movement Center (right behind the Make Noise Shop)

12-7pm: “Recursion Mechanism,” a new sound installation by Richard Devine at the Black Mountain College Museum and Art Center

12:30-6pm: hands-on Synth Library at Ambrose West event space

12:30-6pm: Make Noise 10-Year pop-up shop (including the QMMG, special t-shirts and posters!) at Ambrose West event space

1pm: Panel Discussion #1 - Composing and Performing with the Modular Synthesizer (featuring Tyondai Braxton, Robert A.A. Lowe, Bana Haffar and Moe Espinosa, moderated by Tony Rolando), at Ambrose West event space

2pm: Panel Discussion #2 - Tape Music, Microsound and the Morphagene (featuring Tony Rolando, Tom Erbe, Walker Farrell and Richard Devine), at Ambrose West event space

3:30pm: Panel Discussion #3 - Building Community Through Modular Synthesis (featuring the co-founders of S-1 Synth Library, Technological Taxidermy, Modular on the Spot and Surachai of Trash Audio, moderated by Kelly Kelbel), at Ambrose West event space

4:30pm: Panel Discussion #4 - Module Design and Development (featuring Tony Rolando, Tom Erbe, Bob Lowe and Matthew Sherwood, moderated by Walker Farrell), at Ambrose West event space

7:30-midnight: performances by Make Noise friends and family at the All Go West Festival, in West Asheville

Sunday

12-5pm: “Recursion Mechanism,” a new sound installation by Richard Devine at the Black Mountain College Museum and Art Center

2pm-5pm: Modular on the Spot at the French Broad River Park, featuring members of the Make Noise and Moog crews