Make Noise Mimeophon

141 Likes, 8 Comments - Make Noise (@makenoisemusic) on Instagram: “Setting up something new at Booth 0248!⠀ .⠀ If you

'Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces' - Guida alla visione (4 di 6) | David Lynch .it

17 Likes
Make Noise modules: design, usability, theory, philosophy, etc
Make Noise modules: design, usability, theory, philosophy, etc

Wow, Tony and the gang have been busy!

1 Like

I think I remember Tony saying - possibly around the time after the discontinuation of RxMx, or when QPAS came out - that they are working on quite a few new modules, possibly a comment on IG or on a forum.

1 Like

It’s a zone of the enders themed module - collabo with Hideo Kojima

edit: I have an uncle who works at make noise

11 Likes

I don’t recall if the comment made it into any of the archived panel discussions from the 10 Yr Celebration last summer, but I vaguely recall Tony saying they had something like 8 to 10 modules in various states of development. Since then, we’ve seen René v2, QPAS, X-Pan, and whatever this unexpected new module is revealed to be. I was honestly not expecting a second module to be announced for Superbooth, and thought X-Pan was the new thing they’d be showing off.

1 Like

That might have been it, I think I also remember something along that number of modules in development.

Agggh! Make Noise’s marketing gives me maximum amount of anxiety from minimum amount of Make Noise input.

I wish they’d just release things normally, I don’t think this Instagram tease thing is healthy for anybody.

(I love Make Noise dearly, I will note, I’m just way too old and crocked for this “influencer” style stuff.)

4 Likes

Yeah I agree after a while it becomes pretty tiresome and feeds into the consumerist shiny new collectible aspect of eurorack that can so often overshadow our ability to see the creative potential in what we already have. But also Make Noise is of course a business and it’s probably the best and easiest way to drum up marketing hype so I can’t really fault them for it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

And Make Noise is a good business who I admire.

… But that marketing style only leads to “oh snap my wallet just broke :fire::fire::fire::fire:” responses, which must be very flattering for the manufacturer but doesn’t really sustain the market or the community in the long term.

10 Likes

They only draw out the drama for ~ 24 - 48 hours…which isn’t too bad. They’ve got a lot of mouths to feed, I’m ok with it. Plus I enjoy the speculation.

I think this new module is mult.

A very very fancy mult.

12 Likes

And I had just planned a new case layout around the Xpan! Oh well, gotta sell something else.

In the IG comments Make Noise said that the module is 16hp. Interested to see what it is!

1 Like

I hope they call it Jehuty.

2 Likes

Given the width, the name “Zone”, and the graphic, i would guess it’s the RxMx update. Something that scans through multiple sources.

OK here’s my oddball guess. Mysteron replacement, modal stereo oscillator.

i have no idea but here is a random guess: state selectable multi band compressor/distortion based on rxmx and dynamix and fxfd

What catches my eye is the set of parallel lines to the right of the knob. They seem to be logarithmically spaced (just like harmonics viewed on a spectrogram), and one of them is highlited in gold, suggesting the knob selects an harmonic. Much like centroid on Telharmonic. Telharmonic 2?

16hp stereo mult. 20 characters

1 Like

Mimeophon

20 Likes, 0 Comments - Control Voltage (@controlvoltage) on Instagram: “Make Noise Mimeophon: stereo, multizone, color audio repeater. #makenoisemimeophon #controlvoltage…”

Echophon successor?

23 Likes

Most probably, yes. There’s repeats, mix, rate (time?), reverse, hold (initiate infinite feedback?), color (delay tone), and clock divider/multiplier. I’m not sure what halo and zone are, but if I’d have to guess, some kind of multi-tap functionality, and stereo panning?