I’ve been working on this setup for about a month of the modular + some pedals attached to a pedal board that has become a sort of standalone instrument.
I run out from the modular into the pedals with the light grey patch cables. The pedal part of the chain is Polymoon -> Mercury7 -> RE-20 -> Heat. On the modular side, the ER-301 is a recent addition, and I’ve been using it as an end of chain mixer for stuff in the modular. Before that, I was using the two quadratts as a 4 -> 1 left and 4 -> 1 right mix. This connector + a 1/4 adapter allows the two 3.5mm TS mono signals to go into the Mercury7’s Stereo 1/4" TRS input.
As far as Audio Flow goes, I have the Heat which I can plug my headphones straight in and have a 2x1/4" balanced stereo signal (to send to a mixer for live sets or interface for recordings. The fact that the volume controls both the outs as well as the headphones allows me to use headphones to monitor live (which is super nice because the kind of shows I’m doing right now are tending towards house/non-professional venues with only a PA pointing away from me).
In terms of control, the pedals accept CV (though, in practice, the RE-20s implementation of this is pretty bad so I don’t control that one with the modular). I have some 3.5mm to 1/4" adapters in the CV-ins on the other 3 pedals, so that I can route signals from the modular with standard eurorack patch cables. The Meris pedals use a Toe-up/Toe-down learn-the-knob-settings which can be emulated with sending 0v, then 5v from one of the CV outs from the Teletype/TXo.
On the power side of things, I can plug in a single IEC cable into my pedal power supply which is routed through to everything. (I’ve got a few of those IEC cables scattered around the house so that I can take the system to different places. This also makes live set up super easy). I use the Furman pluglock surge protector mounted underneath, and plugged into the Voodoo labs Pedal Power’s auxiliary outlet.
I’ve seen people be anti-zip tie on other forums (and I acknowledge it does make moving things around a bit more difficult), but I think they are really beneficial for keeping things really ordered underneath, so picking up and moving the board doesn’t lead to a tangle of wires draping underneath.
My next steps are trying to figure out if I can incorporate a patch cable hanger in some way, and a more friendlyTeletype keyboard solution of some sort (the keyboard that came with Teletype has an attached cable–I think it might be less annoying to move around if there was a plug I could unplug from it, or maybe a wireless solution).
As far as adapting things goes, the Polymoon and Elektron were intentionally placed at the top of the board so that I could un-route their cables and reroute as send/return effects from my interface. I’ve found that I really want the Polymoon -> Mercury7 to be a single send/return unit, so I need to figure out a solution for making the outs on the Mercury7 more accessible.
And finally, my master on/off is plugging/unplugging the IEC cable–I need to solder together a switch and put it somewhere on here.