Mangl

so the MIDI controller issue was resolved here:
(i tested it with a horde of controllers)
https://llllllll.co/t/norns-mangl-midi-issue/29730

the killer was…

.pmap
(cue suspense music: duhn, duhn, DUHN!)

thank you @zebra , @dan_derks and always @Justmat for his patience!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

update v2.2

Just a quick update to make use of the new param menu features. Make sure you are running the latest version of norns. (200323 at the moment)

edit:
@SPIKE, i just changed the screen drawing to make the volume/cutoff indication persistent on the screen. :smiley: I almost forgot :smiley:

9 Likes

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
so much noiz to create during the Plague!

3 Likes

Most welcome! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

dove into it for last night’s broadcast!
phenomenal!

took a second to navigate around.
this is really a giant overhaul of the parameters!

all the data on display when assigning controls.
and thank you again for the dB display…it really helps when there is a horde of noiz going on!

I have a problem.
I mapped the volume of the tracks on a Korg nanoKontrol, with the slider at zero the display shows -60 but the sound comes out. What can I do?
The app is updated to the latest version.

1 Like

Sounds like you may still have delay send set to a non-zero value. The default voice setting puts delay send at .02 on all voices, so even with track vol set to -60, you’ll still hear anything being sent to the delay.

Thinking on it now, perhaps I should change the default to zero out the delay sends…

1 Like

Solved, thank you!
So for the moment using the delay it is not possible to reset the volume?

Only way that I can think of currently, is by deactivating the voice (use key2 on norns). This seems silly to me, and adding a delay volume parameter would be super easy. I will try to look at it this morning and post an update.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it would be great! :green_heart:
I encountered another problem, playing a sample with a non-zero speed, the sound distorts even at low volumes. For example, the same sample used with MLR doesn’t distort.

1 Like

I’ve ran into this before as well, but never figured out what was going on. :sweat_smile: I’ll keep poking around

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m sure you will understand it!

1 Like

Just pushed an update with a delay output volume parameter. This does make some engine changes, so you will need to sleep your norns after updating.

2 Likes

hey ya!
just an FYI…

after updating and sleep…

MANGL loaded up just fine…
loaded up the PSET i was working on.
went to Parameters page…CRASH.

maiden is displaying: Not connected to matron

norns screen is frozen on PSET save/load page

GRID and ARC are moving about and visually i can see it switching tracks when i push a button on the GRID but it won’t mute a track.

had to hit the murder button on the bottom of norns.
:frowning:
(i thought there was an added Vulcan Death Grip to force shut down norns)

anyhow…after a fresh start from sleep it’s running!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s K3 + K2 + K1 , in that order, and hold for 10 seconds. this is a soft reboot of the matron, crone and sclang components.

{so sorry, i had this backwards before}

3 Likes

THANK YOU!

i tried a few different combinations but i just missed it!
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
3 Likes

just a little Vulcan Death Grip clarification here…

you won’t see any change on norns.

but…you will then be able to open maiden and perform the Taroon-ifla which will allow you to do a ;restart and get things going.

(i’m really not a ST nerd…i had to look that one up)
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ah, thank you for the clarification, I was not seeing changes on the Norns side and was wondering why it wasn’t working.

I at times forget that Norns isn’t always fond of opening with Mangl running and have the controls become unresponsive at times.

crud i am so sorry, had this backwards before. (i’ve scrubbed all trace of erroneous version)

when the reset happens you should see the norns sparklies and hear the woo-woo

was always more of a TNG fan myself tbh

5 Likes