Mannequins Technical Maps: Three Sisters

Maps!

We’ve been working on a set of complementary documentation for the Mannequins modules. We hope these provide new perspectives for both the beginner and experienced synthesist alike!

They’re hosted on github, viewable online as hyperlinked, mobile-friendly documents along with printable PDFs.

Mannequins Technical Maps Repository

And now…
Just Friends: PDF & Web
Mangrove: PDF & Web
Cold Mac: PDF & Web
Three Sisters: PDF & Web

Massive shouts to @voidstar for driving this project!

136 Likes

very cool!! really looking forward to the next few editions, i’m sure there is a ton i don’t know about JF. these spectrogram images are… eerily beautiful.

23 Likes

25 Likes

Lovely. Look forward to Just Friends, and hopefully /w too!

4 Likes

leave it to Whimsical Raps to say “ok fine, you didn’t appreciate the poetic/exploratory approach, you philistines? here”, and then deliver one of the best manuals in Eurorack

34 Likes

As a humble W/ owner I can’t welcome this enough! Please do one for W/ too :] The “poetic” manual, on the W/ at least, simply doesn’t go far enough to de-obscure the patterns behind its mode-based UI. For me it ends up unintuitive and mystifying. I love what I can do with it, but manage to forget the controls between sessions. A more technical manual would allow me to grok it on a different level altogether. I had a similar problem with Bastl Softpop until i studied the diagrams closely, was able to shape my expectations, and am now able to freely navigate what’s essentially a rather simple topology. Great news!

3 Likes

exactly

massive respect to trent and the gang…the only possible downside is that i might want my mangrove back after ignoring the osc for a while

5 Likes

This is incredible. Thank you :pray::pray:

3 Likes

much appreciated! :raised_hands: thanks! :pray:

2 Likes

woah, awesome! looking forward to the Just Friends one.

2 Likes

Wow. Can’t wait for Cold Mac.

5 Likes

I can’t seem to get past Izzy… I am failing yet another intelligence test!

Three sisters too, I hope!

4 Likes

This is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while- thanks so much! Can’t wait for JF, Cold Mac, and W/ !

3 Likes

Great stuff. I think this will silence a few critics regarding the original manuals.

7 Likes

This is technical emotion put into measure! Kudos!!!

2 Likes

okay as a fan of the orig mangrove manual this looks delicious.

3 Likes

I feel like I just got a new synth

4 Likes

So Stoked for these! Thanks!

1 Like

This is great. I’ve just fallen back in love with my Mangrove (we are on again, off again). The timing is perfect

1 Like