Mannequins W/ (with)

I see no reason why using something like dd (linux or mac) wouldn’t work. I will try today.

Thank you for sharing this. Finally cleaned up my glitchy tapes!

So does it just erase current or all tapes? I was still using my first tape when I did it

hopefully we’ll get a way to do this w/o needing to remove the sd card. need to be able to do this on stage between soundcheck and showtime if necessary

I believe it cleared all tapes. I haven’t checked out my others yet.

I cleared my tape without taking out the SD first. Worked fine.

I just tried without removing the SD, and had no such luck.

Edit: well… something happened. A lot of stuff is gone, but there are lots of little scraps of sound.

Edit Edit: well… after another power cycle, everything is erased!

might have to make an entire piece of music out of W/ bugs Yasunao Tone style

Thanks for the tip about clearing the tape! Nice to be able to start fresh after learning the ins and outs of the module. Now I feel like I can actually use this thing properly lol

Second day, and the most time I’ve spent with W/. Whereas the first day was baffling, the basics started making sense today.

I ran into the tiny loop trap twice, but was able to escape by cutting the power.

Here’s something simple with Akemies Castle recorded through W/, then running through Morphagene with some sound-on-sound. The video is, admittedly, upside down (I won’t lie).

@Gexex Just a heads-up. The video is not available.

Seems I can’t work posts :confused:
Thanks for the heads up! Think I failed to click publish on YouTube.

Likewise. It’s like I have the module back. Very excited! Looking forward to exploring again this evening. <3

I don’t know why this is not mentioned in the instructions because it a real game changer.
Getting rid of all the old stuff and starting with a fresh “tape” feels like a new module. And surprisingly a lot of thinks are making sense now :slight_smile: even the manual.

What a great piece of art :heart_eyes:

Just a heads up-

You do not need to remove the SD card to clear a tape. It is just R+Down when powering on, and then P,R,L.

It only clears the currently selected tape.

W/ Tutorial

Covers:
Playback and Recording in Nav and Live Mode
Cues and Looping
Nav CV
Live CV
Cue Mode

Time stamps in youtube description.

Excellent! Thank you so much, @voidstar. A lot of this I had figured out, but the Cue mode section was revelatory!

Great video!
Haven’t touched cue mode, but now I’m ready. Thanks!

Excellent video. I wasn’t really gelling with, but after watching this and jamming out, I found some sounds that made me more inclined to stick it out and see where things go.

really great video, thanks for posting this - especially explaining how to move around Cue points, the triggering of Cue points. The sound on sound technique at the end was inspiring.
It may have been obvious to others but one thing i totally didn’t realise was adjusting the play speed whilst recording. I was always recording fixed speed loops and adjusting the speed after recording.