Mannequins W/ (with)

great idea! i have a tough time replicating tape speeds in THAT with ch 3 of Maths or Cold Mac’s survey, this takes care of it.

It works well in other modes too! It’s great to have some ‘control’ over the modes. And it also frees up Cold Mac to focus on other things.

Love the face of your O_c where’d you find that?

I got my O_c from user ‘holovicc’ over at MW. He made the panel himself.

Wow, that does look rather good. Rabid Elephant flew over my rader. Their LPG looks great too.

Thanks for the GAS :ok_hand:

This was a fun and really concise TT script I used to jump around in Nav mode adjusting the tape speed on each Metro. I utilized a telex output only for the ease of negative CV values. Adding duplicate values into the pattern was an easy way to bias the output towards the forward 100% speed and direction. Once a loop is going on your w/ jump to nav mode and patch Telex CV1 to THAT. Param adjusts metro speed.

M
TO.CV 1 VV PN 3 RAND 4
M / PRM 164

PN 3:

Hi!
I don’t know if this issue has been reported before, but my newly acquired W/ misbehaves really bad when I control playback speed/forward reverse with an offset from Mutable I. Shades into “that” in NAV mode.
As you can see in the video when I reach zerobase and try to reverse the loop it freaks out. Just a second after I stopped filming the noise turned even worse… BTW second cable from Shades goes into “This” input on W/ controlling the cue point. In the video this is offset is NOT changes.
https://youtu.be/G1F8TfV6SXk

Having some difficulty getting mine to turn back on, after trying to clear tapes. Now I just get an orange flashing light above record…ejecting sd, powercycling…nothing is getting it going again.:frowning:

Total bummer.

Have you been able to successfully clear the tapes before now? And what happens when you press the record Button? Hope you can get this squared away.

Yeah I had been clearing tapes until now, now just…nothing. No response to anything. Only an orange flashing light. I’ve got my fingers crossed for an email back from support.

That takes my original ideas out of the picture. total shots in the dark; I wonder what boot loader mode looks like(I’m too sissy to find out at the moment) Or can you load IZZY upon startup? Im officially out of ideas now. Hopefully support saves the day!

Unfortunately can’t load Izzy, or anything, with any kind of reboot/keycombo button mash. I wasn’t really feeling /w …this feels like a the proverbial back-breaking straw :frowning: I heard back from them briefly, but it has gone quiet again.

welp. one of mine is screwed so tight that the down toggle doesn’t work and the other is so loose that it freely swings back and forth in the rack and i feel uncomfortable plugging anything into it.

I had the “Down Toggle” problem as well. After contacting service@whimsicalraps.com, I was able to send it in for repairs. I got it back today and it is working beautifully!

I just want to take a moment to send good thoughts to @Galapagoose and @izzy. This has been a bumpy launch and there are a lot of issues that are still being worked on. I have a lot of confidence that they are working on them, and that everyone is best served by them working hard on whatever issues there are to deal with.

I understand feeling upset about purchasing something that does not work 100% as expected, or that has some issues. But, there’s been a lot of negativity towards WR in this thread, and I really don’t think that helps whatever issues there are get resolved faster.

This is a little hippy or whatever, but I wanted to say it. I hope that, if there’s any difficult or busy times happening right now, that WR understands the music and joy that they enable with their work, and that that helps carry them through.

<3

I could not agree with this more!

Over 1000 posts and I’ve read pretty much all of them at this point. Don’t think there has been ‘a lot of negaitivity’ in this thread. Good thoughts to all at WR is a good message but just trying to keep things realistic.

There’s been a lot of positivity too! And people doing really cool things with W/.

We could run sentiment analysis on the thread and identify percentages :slight_smile: I mostly just wanted to convey good wishes to WR.

Seems you already ran that analysis when you said “a lot”

I’m glad @Galapagoose is taking his time working on fixing the issues. The last thing I’d want is a half baked update. We are all early adopters and yes the bugs are a pita, but I am very pleased it’s in my rack.