Mannequins W/ (with)

A little something from me too.
Raw sketch. I do like the uneveness.
The reveresed tape is w/

12 Likes

@Galapagoose Would it possible to set the voltage to THAT from /w type (teletype)? I like being able to manually adjust with an attenuator, but fine control over THAT would be nice. Teletype is only 0-10v and I have to patch up extra cables to offset.

Right now I am quantizing my param knob on TT to 1V steps and sending that out of a CV to the offset.

One particular problem is if I don’t adjust my knob just right into THAT around 0V, and i turn off play, it will still really slowly play forward or reverse and i can see a low rumble on my meters. I was thinking that a bigger deadzone around 0v wouldn’t really solve the problem since it’s nice to have a smooth transition between negative to positive.

I know you are squashing bugs so take your time.

1 Like

Finally found cv controlled << >> aaaahrw :heart_eyes:

Applaus @Galapagoose the sampler i dreamed of as a kid but probably wouldnt have understood and valued as today. I am utterly amazed and salute to the clever layouts. It gets obvious that performance was most important and i feel like swimming through magnetic celluloid wich feels lovely

3 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking…what do mean?

Did you find a hidden feature or are you talking about one of the normal modes?

Uhm i suppose pretty normal stuff i am just really taking my time slowly with w/
I didnt really get it in the manual, i mean the playback direction and speed by cv into THAT. I was prior trying it on simple playback and didnt stumble over hitting play again to actually get things moving. Also didnt get it in the manual.

1 Like

I am waiting not so patiently for the second batch of w/'s to be released… so much of the design looks like it functions the way I always wish my loop pedals would; syncable, scanable, speed ramp’d…

syncable… hmm, you know what, probably, but I’m not sure how to do it!

you can get it to jump back to the last cue point via triggers, no?

It sounds like CUE mode can handle this, referring to the manual.

edit:
a short trig in this, for a one shot sample, or use a gate for a “looping while high” behavior. This coupled with a 0v signal in that should be some sort of sync… I think… I haven’t actually tried it yet, but I will next chance I get.

3 Likes

WS.CUE 0 for teletype allows for synced clocking with simultaneous recording in NAV and LIVE, which is not possible using trigs/gates in CUE mode.

3 Likes

I’m going to try the WS.CUE next time i get to my synth but I’m wondering, say you set play speed to x2, when you execute WS.CUE does it reset play speed to normal. I ask because WS.PLAY 1 or WS.PLAY -1 resets speed to normal if you are at x2 or 1/2. I had actually assumed all the WS reset play speed for simplicity but now I’ve written it down I’m not so sure. Anyone know?

WS.CUE commands do not affect play speed.

1 Like

This is great news thank you!!

Does anybody know whether the monitoring on W/ is all-analog? i.e. if you mixed the output with a mult of the input when no playback is happening, just monitoring, would it flange?

Finally experimented with the ws.cue op to created synced delays with both w/s after installing my slashes board (thanks @xenus_dad!) Such fun.

18 Likes

Awesome! wish there was a way to sync a W/ without a teletype…

2 Likes

That’s lovely. Glad it’s working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fairly sure you can do this via cue mode … though I haven’t delved into it yet

Edit… maybe not to create delays actually

Monitoring is digital. Of course you can turn off the internal monitor and patch analog monitoring if that’s important to you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I hoped it WAS digital :grin:

1 Like