Mannequins W/ (with)

Thanks for this pointer. It gives me an idea for how to manage these two seemingly competing use-cases. Won’t be part of 1.1, but will be added soon!

Soon-to-be-available units are actually the second half of the initial run that we pulled after seeing all the firmware issues. A soon-to-follow second-run has functionally identical hardware and is 100% compatible.

No issue whatsoever. Just lookout that the board doesn’t get in the way of neighbouring modules!

//

That 2slashes case is ridiculous. I’m dreaming of a time when we have enough stock that I can do this!

I finally bought and received a 0.05 inch hex tool and now my W/ with Beta12 is PERFECT!

OK, I’ll bite - what did you use the 0.05 inch hex tool for?

I had one of the units where the guts behind the front panel were loose and moving around when I’d plug cables in or use the joystick, that’s now fixed.

Edit: OCD issues probably.

I did the same - it was getting loose but tightening it up worked fine

Just wanting to mention, i am havin an awesome time with w/ beta12
No glitches so far. Just used as a looper sos for now, but love how it reacts and the basic functions are remembered quickly. Looking forward to dive in more

My first-run w/ now has a sibling! (thanks @Dan_Derks) I’ve only had a bit of time to play with both, but it was great fun sending a single voice (Plaits, getting an Earthsea sequence) to a sequential switch and then alternating which w/ was receiving it. Modulating THAT on both led to some great stereo vibes. A few crunchy cassette sounds laid on top of it all for good measure.

this is a beautiful thing, thanks for sharing it

Thanks! Really looking forward to exploring this pair further and…doing some actual recording :slight_smile:

A little something from me too.
Raw sketch. I do like the uneveness.
The reveresed tape is w/

@Galapagoose Would it possible to set the voltage to THAT from /w type (teletype)? I like being able to manually adjust with an attenuator, but fine control over THAT would be nice. Teletype is only 0-10v and I have to patch up extra cables to offset.

Right now I am quantizing my param knob on TT to 1V steps and sending that out of a CV to the offset.

One particular problem is if I don’t adjust my knob just right into THAT around 0V, and i turn off play, it will still really slowly play forward or reverse and i can see a low rumble on my meters. I was thinking that a bigger deadzone around 0v wouldn’t really solve the problem since it’s nice to have a smooth transition between negative to positive.

I know you are squashing bugs so take your time.

Finally found cv controlled << >> aaaahrw :heart_eyes:

Applaus @Galapagoose the sampler i dreamed of as a kid but probably wouldnt have understood and valued as today. I am utterly amazed and salute to the clever layouts. It gets obvious that performance was most important and i feel like swimming through magnetic celluloid wich feels lovely

If you don’t mind my asking…what do mean?

Did you find a hidden feature or are you talking about one of the normal modes?

Uhm i suppose pretty normal stuff i am just really taking my time slowly with w/
I didnt really get it in the manual, i mean the playback direction and speed by cv into THAT. I was prior trying it on simple playback and didnt stumble over hitting play again to actually get things moving. Also didnt get it in the manual.

I am waiting not so patiently for the second batch of w/'s to be released… so much of the design looks like it functions the way I always wish my loop pedals would; syncable, scanable, speed ramp’d…

syncable… hmm, you know what, probably, but I’m not sure how to do it!

you can get it to jump back to the last cue point via triggers, no?

It sounds like CUE mode can handle this, referring to the manual.

edit:
a short trig in this, for a one shot sample, or use a gate for a “looping while high” behavior. This coupled with a 0v signal in that should be some sort of sync… I think… I haven’t actually tried it yet, but I will next chance I get.

WS.CUE 0 for teletype allows for synced clocking with simultaneous recording in NAV and LIVE, which is not possible using trigs/gates in CUE mode.

I’m going to try the WS.CUE next time i get to my synth but I’m wondering, say you set play speed to x2, when you execute WS.CUE does it reset play speed to normal. I ask because WS.PLAY 1 or WS.PLAY -1 resets speed to normal if you are at x2 or 1/2. I had actually assumed all the WS reset play speed for simplicity but now I’ve written it down I’m not so sure. Anyone know?