Mannequins W/ (with)

WS.CUE commands do not affect play speed.

This is great news thank you!!

Does anybody know whether the monitoring on W/ is all-analog? i.e. if you mixed the output with a mult of the input when no playback is happening, just monitoring, would it flange?

Finally experimented with the ws.cue op to created synced delays with both w/s after installing my slashes board (thanks @xenus_dad!) Such fun.

Awesome! wish there was a way to sync a W/ without a teletype…

That’s lovely. Glad it’s working :slight_smile:

Fairly sure you can do this via cue mode … though I haven’t delved into it yet

Edit… maybe not to create delays actually

Monitoring is digital. Of course you can turn off the internal monitor and patch analog monitoring if that’s important to you.

Thanks for the info! I hoped it WAS digital :grin:

the new beta firmware for the Tetrapad offers a new Combo Mode where you can assign different functions to each column and a new Bi-Polar Fader, it’s so fun with the w/

snag it here: https://forum.intellijel.com/t/tetrapad-2-0-beta/1043/2

Pulp Logic Att-Off tiles are really ace with the w/ as well. I like to run mine through a nice n’ slow slew to make my speed changes in Nav mode laggy.

ahahaha, sadly no tetrapad for me, but thanks for the info!

I joined the club! Really enjoying the ability to quickly record a loop, shift direction and tape speed! Don’t know how I could do without a ColdMac paired (has me considering a second cm)

The bits of noise that hang in after overwriting a bit of tape are interesting… does the code randomly choose what bits of noise to keep? Is there some tape wear algorithm hiding in there? Does the tape wipe less cleanly if I overwrite with no sound at a higher speed?

Ok, a couple days in, getting the hang of it a little more. Really into setting a loop a few bars long, playing a riff via my tsnm into rings, speed it up, play another, slow it back down a couple ticks, let it flow through clouds lofi delay for a little added “tape crunch.” Splash in a little field recording and I’ve got a warm ambient loop I can listen to for a very long time.

What are the size of the hex screws?

One of mine came loose and fell out :frowning: nowhere to be found.

I think @unity2k posted about them here or in the Help W/ thread?

Front panel bolts: https://www.mcmaster.com/92949A076
PCB bolts: https://www.mcmaster.com/92703a103

thanks, i lost a front panel bolt.

That link took me to a catalogue, I’m assuming M2 will be correct?

Apologies - I updated my post above yours with the exact parts.

Quick Q to make sure I’m reading the manual correctly. THIS in NAV mode, will give voltage selection of the existing cues in the tape? Or voltage selection of the tape position? And is the voltage only read when the tape hits a cue?

What I’d like to be able to achieve is random gated samples from the tape. But it would seem that the navigation requires CUE mode, whereas the gating would require NAV mode.