Mannequins W/ (with)

This actually sounds like what CUE mode is built for. I’m assuming that by ‘gated’ you mean an input signal which plays the sample when the voltage is high, then stops when the voltage goes low. CUE mode will do this with a CV into THIS.

To answer your actual question though, NAV.THIS redirects the tape-position when it hits a cue point. It’s a non-destructive way of re-arranging the tape, but is not a ‘sampler’ in the traditional sense.

In case this helps anyone…

I just got my new W/, and was so excited to install it into my Mantis case. I was really bummed to discover that it didn’t fit in the slot on the bottom row far right…

TJ case has a small bulge on the sides to accommodate the legs…

Now I need to do a major reshuffling…

Argh!

Ahhhh, I found something like this with my Make Noise skiff—if I want to have W/ on the far right, I need to pack tightly to avoid the screws in the rails, meaning I have a little empty 1HP space leftover. I think on the left this is less of an issue since W/'s holes for screws are on the right side of the module.

I was convinced that my w/s needed to be racked at a far edge of my case for ergonomic reasons, but I’m happy to report that they feel fine sandwiched between other modules (I currently have them between TT and JF).

Definitely a personal preference, but I’d rather have my w/s racked in a central location, with closer proximity to modulation sources.

Thanks, that’s encouraging, I’ll give it a try…

I couldn’t agree more. Mine are between a Cold Mac and a Just Friends, right in the center of everything.

Edit: a word :drooling_face:

Do you mean between them?

Mine sits between a ring and an o_c, not so much because they patch well, but because I can rest my hand on the edge of the case and access the controls of W/ cleanly there.

I’m about 4 days into the w/ experience and it’s going surprisingly well. Maybe it was reading through all the different threads about crashes and bugs, but I was mentally prepared for a bit of a struggle. I don’t know what the firmware situation is on the most recent batch sold by Control, but it is working perfectly. No bugs or crashes. Extremely intuitive hands on fun, brings me back to when I was younger first time playing my guitar through a looper pedal. It is really a system changing module.

Continuing the discussion from Mannequins W/ (with):

For me it’s exactly the same, new batch arrived in France today… Just a few(big!) time with W/ (lots of emotions)… “And it’s my first post here”…

Just, wanted to speak about the audio tutorial i discovered in my beginning with W/, a great surprise! In my experience, it was like a airplane ticket… The sound is wonderful and it’s a model of interaction, i think. “BRAVO”. I didn’t know about this, and i had read all the treads about W/ in this forum…

After this, a very very good moment! No problems, no bugs and a really addictive and musical module! Concret Music is not dead!! W/ is really the instrument i was looking for… 2hp W/ , much compact than a Revox PR99 !!!. I’m really in love, and happy to say this, after reading all the history of W/. Thank you Mannequins… And thank’s to all the beta tester’s! This instrument is absolutely wonderful!

I’m really appreciating how nicely the Data plays with w/ both for setting precise offsets into That and getting an exact numerical value of where your cvs are at; helpful for finding That sweet spots in Live mode.

Don’t know why it took me this long to think of this but in Live mode, patching a square wave running at audio rates into This will get you into some pretty neat granular territory. It gets even more interesting if you patch a slow LFO into the frequency of the square wave to fluctuate between LFO and audio rates. You’ll start to hear the original source when it’s slowed down but then as its frequency increases it becomes granular again, just barely resembling the source. There’s nice variations too where when the square wave reaches its slowest speed, it might toggle recording on or off, only when its on though do you begin to hear the source creeping back in.

Anyone running two W/s linked together? How does that work out if you don’t have a teletype or anything? Could you post pics of them connected with the slashes board? Thank you!

I was making and selling Slashes boards for a bit.

Rear-mount:

Side mount:

From a control perspective, Slashes currently does nothing without Teletype. I believe W/ to W/ communication is planned but it is not implemented.

If you’re using two or more, it’s nice just to have fewer cables to deal with, both power and i2c.

Thank you! I’ll slow my roll until W/ to W/ is implemented.

Also anyone should correct me if I’m wrong. My understanding is as far as i2c and W/ are concerned, only Type W/ is currently implemented.

yes, there are a basic set of W/ Type ops for Teletype control of W/. Whenever you have several W/'s connected over I2C, slashes board or no, I believe that currently each of them responds to each op.

Can confirm that all W/ respond to the commands simultaneously. It’s how I test the Slashes :slight_smile:

hiyo, this is my first time sharing anything musical here, but i just snagged a w/ from another lines member last week and finding it to be such a magical little machine. i’ve had the same simple sad sequence running through it for hours now with no effects, tossing on my headphones each time i pass by to discover a new beautiful sparkly glitchy fading loop made just for me. this is the kind of music i’ve always wanted to make but didn’t know how! feels like the start of a fun journey : )

welcome! and thats a beautiful lil tune you got there/my favorite use for my w/'s as well