Mannequins W/ (with)

Just got a w/ and cold mac yesterday. my brain is broken now.

All these ideas sound amazing!
Can’t wait to try them out in stereo.
I was also hoping when two W/ were linked by slashes you could set up the THIS and THAT could be setup in any configuration. Like clock in, feedback, cv in/out. I think that would be amazing. Looking forward to the future updates.

as in both modules responding to each CV in? that would be AWESOME, but no (not yet??)

Yeah so two W/'s connected by slashes would give stereo/dual mono, in/out and have 4 cv inputs. so many combos my mind is spinning :rofl: really hope something like that happens.

Looking forward to trying this with Teletype w/ grid control > teletype: grid # code exchange

If you send one message from Teletype will it update both w/'s together or only one?

If you send a TT message to slashes-connected w/s, both will respond to it simultaneously.

Thanks, that makes sense and that’s what I want.
It’s a shame you can’t set one w/ up manually to record at a different speed to the other w/. Say 1 Record at half speed and one at double speed, then use 1 play command to shift both differently at the same time via Teletype. I wonder if that’s doable.

Just got my new W/(my first one got messed up somehow and only recorded distortion). Now it was working ok, until I today. Now it doesn’t record any audio onto the tape. I think my SD is messed up because clearing a tape isn’t working either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Obvious list of things.

Did you try popping the sd card out and back in?
Can you hear audio when in and out are plugged in?
Press play first. Then push record.
Rewind the tape after recording?

Yes done all that. I’ve had it since release so I’m almost certain it’s no user error. Especially considering the tape does not erase when I try to delete it. It’s probably a messed up SD, but I wouldn’t know how to get it cleaned up.

hey @Oneven
is it ok if i move your question to the “with help” thread?

hopefully you get some assistance to fix your module…

I think it’s a bug so might be better send it to the beta thread? Whatever works best for you

actually good point…go ahead and repost the question when you get a chance

Thinking of picking up a second W/ and a Slashes with the idea that I’d like to have two channels (left and right) always patched thru W//.

My question is how can I trigger both simultaneously to start recording? I’d like the idea of using a foot pedal or maybe a key on GRID if PolyES were to ultimately be able to address W/.

Well, it wouldn’t start playback but you can send w/ trigger in to punch in recording, so a simple mult could help you there

Guess I’ll have to learn the next step in using This/That instead of purely manual triggering record. Thanks.

if you have the latest version of TT, the WS.REC function should do it! my understanding is that both w// respond to i2c directions simultaneously. i set it up like this:

WS.REC 1
EVERY 2: WS.REC 0

oh man, clever use of EVERY, I hadn’t ever considered writing something like that!

(omg now that I’m considering it, I wonder if WS.REC FLIP would work the same way? Teletype golf is a silly game)

Yep, I use flip for w/ functions. Works great.

day 2 w/ w/ has been nothing short of amazing. will grab a w// as soon as budget allows. in the meantime its pairing quite nicely with Morphagene- multing cv from Cold Mac to varispeed and That allows interesting control over 2 unique tape machines.

It might not have a witty name like “Just Type” but it will talk Teletype as well as it’s own dialect.

— whimsicalraps (@whimsicalraps) December 12, 2017

crow?

EDIT: “crow/” (duh)