Mannequins W/ (with)

did this last night w/ w/ (right) and morphagene (left). started recording a simple line to w/ only to discover that a firmware update had been previously recorded onto the tape, so I used it.

the people of Kiritimati are among the first to experience the new year - happy new year to all.

The bitcrushing on w/ is pleasant.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: ~ Help W/ ~

are you controlling w/ with grid here?

mannequinsWcheat.pdf (44.9 KB)

I had a hard time wrapping my head around FW 1.2 and all those THIS and THATs, did some serious copy / paste work and ended up re-arranging existing text from WR in this cheat sheet. Maybe someone will find some use of it.

I find this extremely useful - exactly what I was looking for/considering making myself. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing this/that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks a lot for sharing

W/ has v/oct control!

Wondering if we can expect any additions to W Type now that the firmware seems very much more stable? If nothing else, I’d love to be able to add cue points from TT.

W/ ing again… after i gave away the first by being overhelmed by the complexity of it (and JF) i was on a journy to find anything that would give me similar tape style loop possibilities…ther simply is none. El Capistan and Count to 5 are the only things kinda close. Ct5 unavailable and limited to 8 sec. Under these observations W/ is actually a milestone and this time i know what awaits me.

I really could not get single cue erases work earlier and no idea how to use it as delay. Hopefully allrigth to ask here instead help thread, but as delay, should i be using an extra tape besides the one i record sketches for loopduties to? I think to myunderstanding for delay record has to be active and the tape running (logical) so i should use a blank tape for that to have my main tape unafected?

That is how I’ve been doing it. The new firmware that allows you to jump back to the last cue point via trigger pulse is very helpful for clockable delays too!

Yes, I’d start with a clear stretch of tape, playing, and looping between two cue points (the length of your delay), signal in, and -ve voltage into THAT to control the feedback on the decay of the delay.