Mark Dicker - Carrier Waves

Pleased to present my new release, Carrier Waves, available on cassette and/or digital via UK label Hominid Sounds - exo-terrestrial numbers stations broadcasting pulsing alien ambience, eerie orchestrations smeared across an irradiated horizon.

Very happy with this record - most tracks built on improvised sessions on a Bugbrand modular system, then expanded on to flesh them out a bit with overdubs and field recordings/samples. Hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making!

4 Likes

I just had a listen to this Mark, really enjoyed it, a fantastc listen. Hope you’re well (its Neil, we used to work together at Foyles?)

I’ll drop you a personal message soon. Cheers

1 Like

Hey Neil, I knew you were around here somewhere. Good to hear from you!

Just giving this a gentle bump as it’s Bandcamp fee waive day. Attached is a lovely review from the folks at The Quietus, complete with Eugene Thacker reference! https://thequietus.com/articles/28149-mark-dicker-carrier-waves-review

2 Likes

One of my favorites from the previous fee waive day… recommended :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aw thanks mate, much appreciated!

As Bandcamp are making such a generous gesture today with regards to the NAACP legal fund, I’m giving this a little bump.
Available from myself or the label (plenty of good stuff in a noise/psyche/rock vein on Hominid Sounds if you’re flush!):

I’m also one half of this duo SELF-HELP, a sort of spoken word/heavy electronic mash-up with some pretty cool guest musicians - kind of designed to make you simultaneously relaxed and uncomfortable. The hard copies are long gone but plenty of 1s and 0s still available:

1 Like