Markov Music v1.0
Make music with a simple Markov chain.
[…] but it might at least resemble the way a person thinks. It’s funny, I’ve been reading about Markov models and Markov chains recently, the results from Markov Chains are remarkably similar to what you get out of Watson or DeepMind, these super advanced language modelling things. And this article was about how unwieldy that kind of mega-gigantic, expensive AI is, because you can actually achieve very close results using Markov chains, and they’re really fucking simple, they’re computationally really easy to deal with, they’re what people use for Twitterbots and things like that. So in some ways these simple conditional responses can resemble very high-end AI. Even though it’s very simple, the result is close enough not to matter.
- Be sure to save and re-open after pasting from clipboard to initialize the patch.
- Fastest way to learn is to watch the video above!
- Set the “link” probabilities by holding down the link and selecting a percentage [10%, 20%, 30%, … 100%]. AA & AB are hard coupled. CC & CB are hard coupled. BB, BA, and BC are hard coupled. Change a percentage on one and it changes the coupled percentages as well.
- Set the pad notes by holding down the pad and selecting a note. Built with grid Keyboard.
- Start / stop with [x0, y2].
- Nudge speed up and down with [x0, y7] & [x0, y8].