Mashups!

Hiya! Like I kept a list of mashups (and double drops!) I like to do live when I’m DJing pop/dance stuff. Can we get a thread going for more of these? Rly curious what kind of crazy stuff y’all have mixed before.

I’ll start with these two:

goes quite well with this (once you cut the bass from it – even better if you can find an acapella)

also…

with this (also bass cut)

used to be a go-to for pop crowds.

3 Likes

I’m not the creator of the following, but anything mixed with Rick Astley is tops!

6 Likes

Not mine, but I will always love:

And

https://www.kleptones.com/pages/downloads.html

2 Likes

Could this be a future concept for an LCRP? Mashups of each others songs?

5 Likes

F**king Great!!!

I’ve always loved how the different context for the Astley melody actually elevates it to something REALLY INTERESTING in this. It’s “wrong” and it works perfectly.
I’ll take Kurt’s lyrics in the end though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this guy’s instrumental mashups

1 Like

3 Likes

Found while trying and failing to locate the Laibach vs Madonna mashup.

Doors v. Temptations: “Break on Through (to the Funky Side)”

7 Likes

fuck, that is incredible
fuck, that is incredible

1 Like

Deal with

FURTHERMORE: One of you must have the talent/patience to make a remix of Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says
… but using Nile’s version of the Godzilla riff instead of the original. If so, please do.

7 Likes

does this count?

1 Like

Yes but only because it is not ideology. Mostly…

Pomplamoose has done something like thirty of these. Here’s Jamiroquai + Bee Gees:

Here’s Michael Jackson + Taylor Swift + Inner Circle + Lady Gaga:

this probably doesn’t count, but i couldn’t resist sharing this (old favorite) gravediggaz verse and this (new to me) astonishing Sereyostha track

3 Likes

I don’t remember if I already saw this one here on lines, but anyway, it’s so good:

3 Likes

This one is pretty popular, but just in case you haven’t seen it.