It’s like Metropolix for norns.
This is my first post here and I’d like to introduce myself with a little sequencer I’ve been working on in the last months. It’s inspired by metropolix by intellijel, a powerful sequencer for two voices. For those who are not familiar to the module or not at all into eurorack, you might head over to the intellijel website or yt to have an overview what the original is capable of. Here are metrix’ hard facts (not all of them):
- Two independent tracks with 8 stages each
- Control many functions directly via grid: pulse count, gate type, ratchets, probability, pitch, octave, accumulation, slide
- Set playback direction and clock division per track
- Loop the whole sequence or choose parts of it
- Quantize to a scale and root note via global params
- Connect to Crow or via MIDI
- Save and load up to 64 presets
- Generate random sequences
The script should be available in maiden from now on.
- norns (210114)
- optional: crow
- molly the poly
Have a look at the full documentation here:
There are some things I’d like to work on in the next releases, depending on the feedback you’re hopefully gonna provide:
- fix all them bugs
- sync with external gear
- modulation via CV in from crow
- ui improvements
- 4-track trigger-only-mode (?)
- add features seen in the metropolix v1.1 firmware update
If you like it, don’t be shy and tell me your wishes for the next iteration.